The Law

Hey all. Here is the next chapter.

I did change it and make it so Remus and Elizabeth don't know each other and I fixed the second chapter. I only thing I did was take out the Remus stuff so you all don't have to read it if you want to.

So here is the next chapter.

I don't own Harry Potter!

1977 — 17

It was my final year at Hogwarts and I was excited. I was the co-captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, along with James Potter. I wasn't popular but I had Lily, my best friend. She was in my year and in my house. I was doing well in most of my classes and I was going to prove the world wrong and get a job after school. My werewolf-ness couldn't stop me. I had already written letters to all the professional Quidditch teams to come see me play. I wanted, no needed, to get on a team and prove to my parents, to the world, and more importantly to myself, that I could do it. 

The first week of school had pasted and I was summoned to Professor Dumbledore's office. I get there and see Remus Lupin standing there. He was a boy in my year and house, but I didn't talk to him... or really anyone but Lily. I didn't need to. I wasn't here to make friends, I was here to get an education and get a spot on a Quidditch team. I look at him and raise my eye brow in confusion. He shakes his head and I sit in the chair next to him. "Any idea why we are here?" I ask. 

"Nope, maybe it has something to do with grades?" He suggests. 

"No, I'm not a top student. I know it isn't something to do with Quidditch because you don't play and James would be here with me." I say and cross my arms and lean back. 

He nods and looks forwards. I didn't have anything to say to him and he didn't have anything to say to me. We didn't talk to each other, I hate small talk, and I was comfortable in silence. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that he was getting antsy and I could tell he didn't like silence. As he opened his mouth to start the small talk, the door opened again and Professor Dumbledore walked in. "Hello you two. I bet you are wondering why I called you here." 

"Of course not. Why would I wonder that?" I say sarcastically. 

Professor Dumbledore chuckles and sits at his desk. He pulls out the Daily Prophet and hands it to me. "Read." 

"Minster of Magic declares Werewolf Marriage Law going into effect later this year. The minster of magic has informed the world that werewolves should be 'domestic' and how they can become 'domestic' is to have a werewolf mate. Werewolf attacks have been on the raise for a while now and the new law is a way to end these attacks. The Head of the Creature Caretakers Committee said at a press conference, "Werewolves are known to be less violent when mated. Once we have all the werewolves mated, the werewolf attacks will soon end." The law states that werewolves 17 and over have three months to pick a mate. If they have chosen not to do this, the ministry will pick one for them. If any werewolf chooses not to follow this law, they will be sentence to a prison sentence in Azkaban. The mates have to get married by the end of the year to not end up in Azkaban. Check back next week for an interview with the Minster of Magic about this new law." I read out loud and look at Dumbledore. "I have to get married! To a werewolf!" I yell. I stand up and throw the paper at him. "I won't! I can't be married and play Quidditch!" Dumbledore goes to say something, but I keep talking. "Don't even say that I can't play professionally because I don't care. I will do it! I have written letters to all the teams. One of them are bound to not care and hire me!"