094 ; Angry Genya & Nose Pincher

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

"THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY. APPARENTLY, IT WILL TAKE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHT FOR HAGANEZUKA TO POLISH THAT KATANA"

tanjiro explains, you silently eat a rice cracker.

"he'll finish it the day after tomorrow. he said that the sharpening method is so incredibly demanding that it's killed people. i'm worried" he says, eyebrows creasing in worry.

"he forbade us from peeking in.. but may i go see?"

"what's it to me?! get out! don't talk to me like i'm your friend!" genya screeches, his face beet red as he avoids  looking at you.

you tilt your head.

tanjiro looks shocked, "huh? aren't we friends?"

"of course not! you broke my arm! don't tell me you forgot!"

"that was necessary. you were completely in the wrong for hitting a girl, genya"

 "don't call me by my first name!"

"these rice crackers are tasty. want one?" tanjiro holds one out to him.

"grah!" genya smacks it from his hand, "no! get lost!"

tanjiro blinks, "huh? your tooth.. wasn't your front tooth missing? at the hot spring..?"

genya goes silent for a moment, "you must be mistaken"

"i'm not mistaken. i still have the tooth"

you reel back slightly,

tanjiro.. why would you keep that?

"why did you keep it, you weirdo?!"

"no.. you dropped it, so i wanted to return it"

"you must be crazy! throw it away!" genya kicks tanjiro out of the room, "get out!"

you stand up, leaving two rice crackers for genya in case he wanted them, bowing and exiting, sliding the door shut.

"why is he always so angry? he must be hungry?"

you shrug, "he acts just like shinanzugawa-san, they are brothers, after all"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

YOU'RE AWOKEN BY A NEW PRESENCE.

you sit up, you must have fallen asleep after playing some games with nezuko. she had also asked you to braid her hair like mitsuri's.

you blink at muichiro who crouched down, pinching both yours and tanjiro's noses, probably to wake you.

you blink,

but i'm already awake..

"do you know a swordsmith named kanamori?"

tanjiro shoots awake, "wah! tokito! did you just pinch my nose?"

you rub your nose slightly.

"yes. and you reacted to slowly"

"nuh-uh! if you'd done it in anger i'd have known!"

"but i wouldn't pinch a nose in anger"

"we know kanamori. but why? i'd guess he's with haganezuka"

you nod.

"kanamori is my new swordsmith. where is haganezuka?"

"shall we search together?" tanjiro beams.

"why are you so helpful? don't you have your own concerns?"

"helping others.. often ends up helping yourself"

you blink.

"besides, i was thinking about doing it anyway. so this is perfect" tanjiro smiles.

muichiro's eyes go slightly wide, "huh? what? what did you just say? now.. just now.."

"huh? i said it's perfect. ouch!"

nezuko pops up, hitting tanjiro's chin with her head.

"nezuko! you're up!"

you pat her head.

muichiro was silent for a moment, "let's go and find haganezuka together... that girl is a strange creature"

you blink.

"huh? strange?'

"yes. very strange. what is it? i can't find the words. i've met that girl before" he crosses his arms, tilting his head. you tilt your head while nezuko copies just what he did.

"and it was that way then too. what is it exactly..?"

you all just stare at each other for a moment before turning to the door as a presence arrives.

"hmm? is someone here?" tanjiro questions.

"yes" muichiro says.

the door slides open, you tense.

it was a very ugly demon  with a crumpled face, large horns and a big bulging bump on it's head.

you frown,

how has a demon gotten in?

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

words ; 576

date posted ; 4/05/22

©_behindyou_