1. walls

The death of my mother. Her death is what influenced me to go into law school and follow in her footsteps of becoming a detective.

She left behind 20,000 dollars to split between me and my siblings. It's not enough to share between the 4 of us. My mother and I didn't have the best of relationships like everyone else. But for some reason, she left everyone else money but left me a house that none of us knew she had.

Now, I'm moving into the house 3 months later. I know my siblings despised me for getting a whole ass house but might as well take advantage of it.
As the moving guys put the rest of my boxes into my new house, I thank them and watch them get into the truck and drive away.

After a few hours of unboxing, I sat down on the porch with a wine cooler I grabbed from one of my coolers and opened it.

Taking a sip, I looked around the neighborhood and spotted a neighbor that I didn't know, step out of his Audi.

The way this man looked. Sharp jawline, beautiful black hair, and a gold chain around his neck. If I didn't know any better, I'd probably go fuck him right in the front of his yard. But I had to control myself, I needed to stop thinking these thoughts.

Pulling my phone out of my sweatpants pocket, I quickly sent a text message to Karmen, my best friend. "Karmen, I just saw one of my neighbors for the first time. And when I tell you, girl, he is so fine." I sent the message to her and put the phone back in my pocket.

Thinking of her words when I last saw her, I decided to walk over to his house and introduce myself as the new neighbor. He was closing his car trunk when I stood behind him and tapped on his shoulder.

"Excuse me."

He jumped slightly but then turned around to see who was talking to him.

The man looked me up and down and rubbed his beard. "Yes?"

One simple word and I could tell he was rude. But he was so fine I ignored it. "I'm your new neighbor, Anika Moore and I just wanted to introduce myself."

He nodded slowly and walked away from me, grabbing his keys to get into his house.

"Okay." That was all he said before walking into his house and shutting the door in my face. Who did this man think he was? All he could've said was a simple introduction of himself too or acknowledge that I was truly standing there.

I shrugged it off and walked off of his lawn, into my house. I needed to finish unpacking the rest of my boxes and I needed more help. So who better to call than my best friend?

A knock on the door, and I rushed to open it. "Anika! So tell me more about this neighbor girl." She immediately said walking into my house.

"There's nothing much to say about him. Other than the fact that he's fine, he's really rude." I stated.

"You talked to him already? I see you've been taking my advice." She giggled as she grabbed a box and started to cut into it.

-

That was over a month ago. Ever since I introduced myself to him, he hasn't said anything but those two words. Every night, he drives out of his house at night and comes back in the morning. Sometimes he wouldn't return for a couple of days.

I have no idea where he goes, but what I do know is that he wakes me up every time.

Karmen searched up his address to find out what his name was for me so I could stop referring to him as the 'Rude Sexy Man Next Door'. As soon as she sent me his name, I could picture how his name fits him so well. Pete Castiglione.