Chapter 1

Steve gathered the papers on his desk, organizing them to set them on the side of his desk. He saw Bucky enter his classroom as he sighed, standing up. "Buck. What are you doing here? Surely not to complain about Sam." He watched his friend cross his arms as he laughed. Steve leaned back against the wall behind his desk.

Bucky rolled his eyes, "he's so annoying."

Steve laughed, "I know." He sighed, "look, I've retired. You're Captain America now. If you don't want to do it anymore, then pass it on. But you can't show up here to complain to me every other day. I do have a life too you know."

"I know Steve. I know." He turned around as he watched a girl enter the classroom with copper colored hair and big blue eyes as he smiled, "hi."

Elena grinned, blushing slightly as she locked eyes with his steel blue ones, "hi there." She slid into a seat in the front row as she watched the dark haired man smirk and wink at her before Steve pushed him out of the room.

"Don't flirt with my students, Buck. Go on. I have class."

Bucky laughed, "yeah yeah. See you later Steve."

He rolled his eyes, entering the classroom with some students as he sat down at his desk. He locked eyes with the girl Bucky tried flirting with as she smiled at him. He felt his heart jump at her attention before looking back down at his desk. Once everyone was seated, he went through the roster, finding out the girl's name was Elena as she grinned at him.

"I'm Steve Rogers. You can call me Professor Rogers. If I didn't call your name, then you are not in this class. This class covers American history up to present day." He leaned back against his desk as he looked out over his class. He started calling on his students, asking them what their majors were before looking at Elena.

"Art History. Professor Rogers."

Steve smiled, standing up straight. "History is a set of lies agreed upon, Napoleon Bonaparte. History we find, if we go back far enough, is cyclical. It tends to repeat itself. Why? Because we only bother learning about the history in actions and events. We forget that history is formed by human nature; people shape history. If we don't learn about the people and the reasons for their actions, then we'll never learn to move on, not really." He sighed, "History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this..."

"Karl Marx." Elena smiled, seeing Steve taken aback at her knowing the quote.

Steve grinned, "that's right. In this class I hope to not just cover events that I'm required to teach you, but also the people surrounding them."

At the end of class, Steve watched Elena come up to his desk, leaning on it as he saw just the beginning of her cleavage popping through the top of her blouse. "I'm really looking forward to this class. Captain Rogers."

Steve shook his head as he shifted in his seat, "just professor. Not Captain anymore."

She grinned, "you'll always be Captain Rogers."

He watched her wink at him before leaving the classroom, making him groan as he felt his cock pressing against the fabric of his pants. He had been teaching now for five years, having had a few girls flirting with him each semester. personally he didn't understand except for the fact they were extra horny college girls. He mostly just smiled and stayed away. He had to admit to himself that there was something slightly different about Elena though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**5 years ago**

"What do you mean you're retiring to teach?"

Steve sighed, looking at Bucky as he stood in front of the other Avengers. "I mean, I don't want to be Captain America anymore. I'm still going to be in New York. It's not like I'm disappearing completely."

Natasha crossed her arms, "I didn't even know you could teach."

Steve smiled, "I've been taking classes online for years. Eidetic memory, remember? I read the textbook, I take the test." He looked at Bucky, handing him his shield, "I want you to take over for me."

"Me?! Why me?" Bucky grabbed the shield, looking at it before looking around at the faces of their friends. "I don't know Steve."

Natasha was the one to speak up first, "you'll be great Bucky."

"What if we end up needing you, Capsicle?"

Steve laughed at Tony as he gave him a small smirk, "I'll be in New York if you ever need me."

Natasha sighed, "I thought you'd retire to settle down and have a family, not teach."

He shrugged, "yeah well. I'll have to meet someone first, huh?"

"That's usually how that works." Sam hugged Steve, "I'm proud of you."

Bucky sighed, "of course we're all proud of you. Just going to miss you being here everyday."

Steve smiled, "as if neither of you are going to come bother me to check out the students." He heard Bucky and Sam laugh and he hugged Bucky. "I want to do this. I've been fighting and doing everything for everyone else. I want to do something for me."

"Of course you do. And who better to teach history than the man who's lived through it?"

Steve rolled his eyes at Tony as he hugged him while everyone laughed, "funny."