Chapitre IV

CHAPTER IV : SOME LOVE IN THE AIR

            The VKs were chilling in the girls' room. Carlos was petting Dude, Evie was finishing Chad's homework, and Mal was reading through her spellbook, when Jay entered victorious, wearing a Tourney Jersey with his name on it. He just had a conversation with the Coach about team spirit, and all of that.

_ Did your plan work with Jane ? Are you going over to see the wand ? Jay asked Mal, in a good mood.

_ Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I didn't have completely struck out ?

_ Oh, someone is in a bad mood.

_ My mom's counting on me ! I can't let her down !

_ We can do this...if we stick together ; Jay said to everyone's surprise.

_ And we won't go back until we do. 'Cause we're rotten...

_ ...to the core ; the other three finished.

_ Oh, yeah, I found out that the Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at Coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course- Evie got interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

_ What ? Evie asked Mal as she stared at her, as if she had found the Graal.

_ Hold that thought ; Mal opened the door, and behind it was Ben, smiling warmly, like he did every time he saw them.

_ Hey, Mal. I didn't see any of you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything... That... you needed...

_ Not that I know of.

_ Okay. All right. Well, if you need anything, just, uh...

_ Oh wait ! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your Coronation ?

_ Yeah, the whole school does.

_ Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness ?

_ I wish you could. Up front, it's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend.

_ And your girlfriend ?
_ Yeah, I'm sorry.

_ Okay, thanks bye.

_Oh, but, you know, there's plenty of- Ben was cut off by Mal shutting the door.

_ I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell ! Mal smiled evilly and clapped her hands, in Carlos' direction, who threw her her spellbook. Thanks to this new piece of information, their hope hadn't run out, and they were more than delighted about Mal's idea.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

            In the school kitchen, four villains were hurrying up, trying to make a love potion, which would be cookies. Mal was reading the instructions in her spellbook another time, noticing that they were missing only one element.

_ All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry.

_ Let's just chop some onions. Carlos proposed, while grabbing one.

_ No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly.

_ A tear's a tear. Jay tried to oversmart Mal, but Evie roasted him.

_ That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more proteins-based hormones than a reflex tear.

_ Listen to you ; Mal said to the latter, with pride in her voice.