Chapter 11

3rd person's POV
"They've been gone for a while, right?" Marcy said, a little worried.

Anne bit her lip but waved it off and said. "They're probably just skipping lunch now, and maybe they stumbled onto Twig's girlfriend."

She sat up at that and said. "Twig has a girlfriend?!"

"Um... yeah. He does, why?"

Marcy blinked before smiling and saying. "Welp, I guess you have to one up him and be girlfriends with me."

Anne flushed red and stammered, before Marcy laughed and said. "It was a joke, relax."

The brunette frowned, for some reason feeling slightly disappointed, but she brushed it off and forced a smile.

"Right, you're actually not my type."

Marcy grimaced at those words, it hurt a little more than she expected, but she nodded.

"We should go find Sash and Twig."

"Why do you call her Sash?"

"...It's a nickname, shorter to say, I don't know, it kind of stuck." She said as they got up and walked around.

"Well, I guess that makes sense,"

They walked in silence before Marcy glanced at the brunette, and she couldn't help the way her heart fluttered.

It reminded her of when she liked Sasha.

Wait— then that would mean I like Anne— that's impossible, no.

Before she could go further in denial, they spotted a familiar boy with a girl who wasn't Sasha, which made Marcy slightly suspicious.

Ivanna and Twig were holding hands as the boy looked away with a blush on his face, and they both watched while walking up to them.

"Ivanna! Twig!"

They looked up and Twig quickly turned redder in embarrassment at getting caught holding hands with his girlfriend, as the brunette wiggled her eyebrows at him.

He huffed and said. "I could do the same thing when you and Marcy—"

"Anyways!" Anne shouted, cutting him off.

Ivanna chuckled before saying. "I told you that you can call me Ivy, you know?"

"I know, but— okay."

Marcy watched as Anne sent a knowing smirk at the couple, which made Twig hide his face in his beanie.

"I hate you." He muttered.

"Love you too, bud!"

He shook his head before sighing, and showing his face again.

"As cute as Twivy is, we should probably go back to the cafeteria before we get in trouble,"

"Wait! Where's Sasha?" Marcy asked.

Anne furrowed her brows, actually also curious about that, and turned to Twig, who nervously smiled.

"Right! I'll be back!" He shouted before running off to a different direction.

They all stayed still confused, until they heard walking which made them freeze, thinking it was a security guard or teacher, they quickly scattered away and tried to find a hiding spot.

Too bad they were terrible at it, because the person had seen them before they could.

They held their breath, trying to keep silent until they heard a snicker.

"You guys are idiots, if that was a teacher you would've been in so much trouble."

Ivanna and Anne perked up at the familiar voice and sighed in relief, but Marcy was still uncertain since she didn't recognize them.

"Molly!" Anne said before hugging the girl.

Molly awkwardly patted her back, before saying. "Okay, this is awkward..."

Anne pulled away with a chuckle before saying. "You just made it awkward."

The girl rolled her eyes before looking around and saying. "Where's Twig?"

"Uh—" Before she could finish, the said boy had came back with a scarred blonde.

"There he is."

Twig had finished saying something to Sasha before turning to them.

"You're supposed to be at home, you're suspended, remember?" Molly said with an unamused look.

"Well, it's not my fault the teacher has no sense of humor, how was I supposed to know he didn't like spitballs?"

They shook their heads and Sasha awkwardly looked around before finally looking at Marcy.

She mouthed something that she couldn't quite make out and sent her a confused look.

"What?"

"I need to talk to Marcy, real quick."

To be continued...

(A/N) Okay so Twig and Molly are twins in this right, and they're also in middle school.