prologe°

The rain was pouring outside and Minho ran as fast as he possibly could to the next dry spot. Even though it was to late for his clothes anyway.

He saw the small bookstore having it's lights welcoming turned on and he began running faster, almost slipping on the wet street.

He pushed the door open with his shoulder and breathed in the warmth and cozyness of the store.
It had a comfortable atmosphere with red carpet floor and dark brown shelves.

He felt misplaced with his soaked clothes standing like a dog looking for it's owner. He felt the judgemental glances from the other customers and went directly into a quieter area of the store. So now he stood in the kids and teenager books section feeling trapped in between the colorful spines and lovely placed decorations. Why had he end up here?

His roommate, Chan, assumed this morning it wouldn't rain...well...it did. Although it was early autumntime and you wouldn't expect it to rain since the hot summer just ended... but the truth was: Minho was wet and he had to wait until the rain stopped. This was probably not too long to wait but he was 1. cold 2 .impatient and 3. feeling really uncomfortable right now.

So he did the best option that came to his mid. He searched for his phone in his bag and dialed Chans number.

"Chris, Chan, my bestes friend of all time-", he began to ramble.  Sadly only seconds after he was interrupted by the older.
"You want something, don't you?", he asked in a annoyed tone.
"It rains.", Minho stated expecting Chan to understand what he wants.

Luckily the older understood directly:"I can see that." "Yeah! A lot! As you can see!", Minho nods heavily.

"Did you stay longer at dance practice?"

"Yeah...Felix and Hyunjin had already left...so i have no umbrella or an option to get home without having to go anymore through the rain", he whined. He expected Chan to say no honestly.

"And now you want me to pick you up?"

"Yes, please...but I'm standing in a book store...somewhere between our apartment and the dance studio.", Minho said.

"Well...forget it...I am recording with Changbin right now...soooo...have fun in that book store. Maybe you find a book you like. Reading would help you to not be as dumb as you are right now. Bye, have fun!", Chan exclaimed just to hang up without an answer from the younger.

"Well...I hate you.", the younger mumbled to himself. He did not, but that  was not the point right now.

As he put his phone back into his pocket he started to walk towards some shelves...
Minho was in a bookstore nonetheless so why not look around.

Inbetween the unfamilar book Minhos gaze wandered to a nicely placed table with books and merachdise of one of the biggest fandoms of all time.

He picked up a Harry Potter book and touched the cover cautiously. It felt very nice...he had to admit: Books were cool and people who read seem smart, but heseriously didn't know when he had read the last book...Probably for some class...somewhat around middle school? (After that he only listened to the audiobook or read the summary when he had to read a schoolbook)

He flipped through the pages to smell the new book but was shocked as something fell out of it...

A piece of paper...

Wait...Fuck...did he rip something? He picked up the small piece of paper and saw that the color was slightly different. Uff...so he did not break something.

He turned the piece of paper and saw a note with a neat handwriting:

Well...I see, I see!
Harry Potter and the philosophers stone! You have some great taste!

If you are by any chance in my age...let's be friends...please?
Jeongin, Seungim and Felix say I could use some more social interaction.

...oh...you probably don't know who they are...BUT I COULD TELL YOU IF WE WERE FRIENDS??!

+xxx-xxx-xxx-xx (Please don't text me if you are a pedophile...that would be cool.)

~Sung
Have a great day!

Minho didn't notice that he had an amused smileon his face until he looked up from the note. Within seconds he forced himself to look like a normal person but he was honest. That person seemed intrigung...not everyone would leave a note in a book. 

He actually didn't know a Jeongin or Seungmin, but a Felix...which probably wasn't the same person since he didn't know the other names and there couldn't be just one Felix in Seoul.

Maybe that person wasa little dumb... since that person just said in my age without saying the age wasn't really smart...

Nevertheless Minho put that note back into the book and bought it as he saw the clear sky outside.

He couldn't help but buy this book...it felt like the start of something special...His guts told him that...and his guts are always right! (well...mostly at least!)
And he even was tempted to actually read it... he was drawn to it and to whoever left that note. He just was.

And yes...he never watched or read Harry Potter...shame on him.

In the end Minho went home without the smile leaving his face...Chan and Changbin were creeped out by the too happy Minho with a book in his hand.

A/N:
I'm excited to upload my story to this account!^^ Maybe some of you already read this story but maybe you enjoy it a second time!:)

╭─✰─────────╮
🐚⋆ฺ。 𝗱𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 . ฺ.✧
✩. ฺ.ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ!ೃ❀🕊️
╰─────────✰─╯

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Have a great day!
~ᴊᴜʟᴇsシ︎