15 - the scarf

idea by ( pinpinop )

note : hi, i really am not good with these types of things but since i've requested a plot from you, i tried to find some ideas that can help me writing it. i did my best to make up the plot and the whole story. i'm sorry if this isn't good enough. this is also actually a comedy themed one + it's pretty short.

-

"you're have my scarf, you are my soulmate."

y/n was stopped, she didn't know what to say with the girl talking to her.

"uh.. what?" the only words she have managed to say.

she's currently at a supermarket and she's in the pets' aisle to have a grocery for her dog.

it's cold outside, making her decide to wear a warm scarf which her ex bought her.

back to the person who suddenly spoke to her, y/n's eyes squinted as she scanned the girl.

"i left that on that bench one day, hoping for someone to take it and wear it. i told myself that whoever wears my scarf is my soulmate "

y/n's body reacted in shock. this person is incredibly unbelievable. she can't believe someone is actually that superstitious. and of course, she can't believe her ex-boyfriend didn't bought it but just accidentally stumbled upon it.

"what a dick."

"how sure are you that this is yours? i mean, it could have just the same design and embroidery, right?" y/n argued but the person replied,

"no, i'm sure that's mine. i have that scarf since i was born and that "jjs" embroidery is not a brand, they're my initials."

"fuck i thought it's an expensive brand."

-

y/n immediately walked outside the establishment, still having that "jjs" going after her.

"let me help you with that." the girl snatched the tote bag she's carrying, "you're being creepy, what the hell."

"i'm not being creepy, i'm being your soulmate." the slender girl winked at her.

y/n is so dumbfounded, don't know what to say nor do. the atmosphere is just filled by confusion "what?"

"please stop arguing. from now on, you're my girlfriend."

it made y/n's eyes widened before squinting once again, "wait, what the hell i don't even know your name-"

"jinsoul, jeong jinsoul." the girl looked at her.

"oh, yeah. i-i'm choi y/n" she said nervously laughing.

jinsoul walked y/n until they reached her apartment. they exchanged numbers and surprisingly for y/n, they are already comfortable with each other.

"whose are these groceries for?" jinsoul asked while they are in front of y/n's door.

"oh, it's for pepper, my dog. he's waiting inside! do you want to go in?" y/n replied. her eyebrows met when jinsoul answered her with, "no, it seems like i'm bothering you for a long time now." with an awkward chuckle.

y/n reacted in exclamation, "what? no, please don't say that, you in fact helped me with carrying the totes."

"i want to thank you, we can eat together inside if it's okay." she added with a smile.

jinsoul froze with a grin painted on her face. her gazes are glued to y/n's face.

"o-okay then, it's completely fine with me."

-

time goes and the two became so much closer. they eat together for almost every single meal. y/n's friends are always teasing her about jinsoul. that is also when she felt a little stamp on her heart, she secretly admits to herself that she have a crush on jinsoul.

y/n's don't want to let her know, considering the fact that she doesn't believe in "soulmate" things but it seems to be making sense now. she hid this feelings to jinsoul.

for months, jinsoul never stopped on telling y/n that they're soulmates and y/n will never going to stop saying "no" as well. however, that isn't the case.

one night, they were at the balcony, mildly drinking alcohol.

"so, where do you get the scarf?" jinsoul questioned.

y/n, of course, answered honestly, "my boyfriend gave me that. at first i thought he bought it but since i've met you i realized he just saw it randomly and-"

"y-you have a boyfriend? you haven't told me about it." she didn't finished her sentence because of jinsoul's sudden response.

"why.. do i need to tell you that?" y/n calmly asked.

jinsoul stood up from her seat, "fuck y/n why do you even need to tell me that? damn, we're literally with each other every single minute of our existence and i never knew you have a boyfriend? do you know how much i believe that soulmate shit?"

"hey, calm down. let's clarify things pleas-”

"no! there's nothing to clarify."

"why the hell are you acting like that? i'm just saying it-"

"because i love you!" jinsoul angrily defended.

y/n can't react and trying to build up the conclusion of everything. she can't believe jinsoul feels the same way, "wh-what?"

"from the first time i saw you, from the grocery store wearing my scarf, i knew it was you, the person i will be with forever. but now, knowing that you're in a relationship made everything fade away."

it really unexpected and cliché for her but y/n suddenly went close to jinsoul, tiptoed and kissed her lips. jinsoul tried to pull out but y/n grabbed her collar to keep her in.

"i love you too, and we broke up a week before we've met at the grocery store." y/n whispered on the kiss.

"hey, what the-"

"shush, shut up. be my soulmate."

they gave each other some pecks again.

"and thank you for your scarf."