Chapter 5- Arguments

Dewott P.O.V (tw: swearing)

It was a cold Saturday in January. I was in my room, making and sampling music, doing chores, talking to Popplio, the regular, until I got a snap on PokéeSnap from Braixen. She sent me a photo of her and Torracat together. A part of me felt happy, but another felt kinda...sad? I don't know how to describe it. I frowned at the picture and simply turned my phone off.

***

Popplio came into my room. She brought cookies up that she baked.

Popplio: Dewott! I brought cookies-

I still couldn't shake the feeling off of me. I felt sad and angry - was I jealous?

Popplio: Dewott, are you ok?

Dewott-chewing on a cookie-: ...

Popplio: Dewott-

Dewott-in an angry tone-: IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU! SO GO AWAY!

She left, not saying anything. I clearly hurt her feelings. I have never spoke to her like that. Maybe I just needed rest.

~Monday~

The bell rang. I put my hood up. The feeling had only gotten worse, turning me against people that I care about. Braixen hasn't talked to me much since she started going out with Torracat. I guess she is too busy to speak to me- or anyone other than Torracat for a matter of fact. I got my text books and slammed my locker shut. Heads turned from everywhere in the hallway. I felt eyes beaming down on me like stadium lights. As I started walking off, Rowlett caught up with me.

Rowlett: Dewott, why are you down today?

Dewott: I'm not.

Rowlett: You are, I can tell.

Dewott: ...

Braixen came running towards us, a grin on her face. I immediately felt angry, feeling the blood steaming through my body.

Braixen: Hi, Dew-

Dewott: I do not give a FUCKING SHIT about TORRACAT!

Everyone's heads turned to me. I shouted so loudly my voice ached. Braixen looked into my eyes, her eyes filling with tears. As I looked into her eyes, I could see my reflection; a purple, cloud like aura developed behind me.

Dewott: Tch.

I sucked my teeth and stamped off in the other direction.

***

I sat in the 2nd floor lounge by myself. I was still feeling pissed. Maybe I was jealous. As I was gathering my thoughts, Rowlett came in.

Rowlett: Um, hey Dewott...

Dewott: What?

Rowlett: Can I talk to you?

Suddenly, something clicked. I didn't feel angry. Or anything.

Dewott: Err...yeah sure.

Rowlett sat down on the chair opposite me. I took my hood down.

Rowlett: Dewott, why did you cuss at Braixen? She's like one of your closest friends!

Dewott: *sigh* Not really anymore...

Rowlett: What- what do you mean?

Dewott: Ever since she started dating Torracat, we haven't really talked...and whenever I see her, I get a sudden urge of anger and sadness...

Dewott: Rowlett...I think I'm jealous.

Rowlett: Oh...maybe I could help with some advice?

Dewott: Sure.