subtle flirting ➴

╔═══➴.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗
chapter two || hayden's pov
╚═══➴.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

an: this one is mostly dialogue

my day starts off pretty simple. though after the morning, everything goes chaotic. just kidding- i have no life.

"another day, another fight with chris during work." i smile at aurelia. the boy from yesterday was stuck in my head. i couldn't help but wonder about him; hoping he'd come in again.

"i'll take you for ice cream after this. bye kiddo." she opens the door for me and smiles back at me. i nod.

6:50

the cafe opens at 7. i had time, but for what? i didn't have enough energy to organize anything and all the cups and dishes were already washed. 

i walk in and sit down at the nearest booth table. the second i sit down i get a call. guess who.

Chris <3
ACCEPT || DECLINE

ACCEPTED.

"hello?"

"aye, what do you want? i'm busy."

"you called me."

he hangs up immedietly. that in itself confuses me enough that i decide to text aurelia. she answers almost immediately as if she was waiting for my text.

『✧··✧✧··✧✧··✧』

aure :]

help

should i be omw back or is it not that severe?

nah, it's just chris. he called me and then asked me what i wanted as if he didn't like butt-dial me or sum. mans said he was busy. it's like 7AM what's he doing bruh

i dunno, be careful of him though. maybe just kinda ignore him for a few minutes/hours <3

ok, we're opening now. brb <3

『✧··✧✧··✧✧··✧』

i sigh and slide my phone into my left pocket. a few customers come in before he does. my mind instantly recognizes the mask and tells me to smile at him. he smiles back and comes up to the counter.

"i was hoping you'd be working today." 

"yeah, i work everyday here. i really need money for my brother and i. what can i get ya?"

"aw, i'm sorry. same thing as yesterday, plus a philosophy lesson." i notice him fidgeting with a necklace. the first thing i see is a ring on it. 

"coming right up."

i make the drink and call to the other employee working that day- peyton. she agrees rather quickly and replaces my spot at the counter just in time for early morning rush hour. i walk back over to the taller boy and hand him his drink before sitting across from him in the booth i was previously sitting in.