Chapter 3: Dogs and Sleepovers

The next day, Athena woke up, the puppy still in her arms. She smiled at it, then looked in the mirror in her room. She realized she had dark circles around her eyes. Aphrodite would not approve, so she waved her hands, and they disappeared.

Changing into some workout clothes, she left her room and went to the training headquarters. She went to the weights and took a weight that is like 1000 pounds or something and lifted it like it was nothing and then went on the treadmill and ran for what felt like hours, then a certain someone came into the room.

"Why are you up this early?" Apollo asked.

"To get my workout for the day, why?" Athena replied

"How long have you been here?" Apollo asked.

"Maybe 2 hours. Why?" Athena responded.

"You've been working out for two hours!" Apollo screamed, probably waking up everyone.

"Yeah, what's the problem? I do this every morning," Athena said.

"Want some tunes?" Apollo said, pulling out his trumpet.

"No, now go away," Athena said.

"Okay, don't need to be mean about it," Apollo said.

In that moment, he knew he flopped up. When he tried making a run for it, it was already too late. Athena had knocked him out.

Athena then left the room to go get changed, leaving Apollo's lifeless body on the ground.

Ares was about to walk into the room to do his workout when he saw Apollo's lifeless body on the ground. He wondered who did it. Then he thought, "Oh, I don't care," and he walked over the body and started his workout.

When Apollo woke up, it was about noon and heard loud screams coming from Athena's room. He saw Hermes and Ares investigating the screams. They all burst in and saw all the girls screaming and 4 dogs running around the room.

"What is the meaning of this?" Ares screamed

All the girls were silent

"Are these creatures attacking you?" Apollo said, pulling out his trumpet.

All the girls burst out laughing and picked up the dogs. Athena had an Australian retriever (Tod), Artemis has a husky (Billy), Aphrodite has a poodle (Bob), and Hestia has a golden retriever (Joe)

"You mean these little suckers," Aphrodite said

"What?" Hermes said. "That looks like some kind of demonic demon to me." He immediately started crying, then he ran away.

"Imagine," Apollo said, frowning at the door where he had just ran out from.

Then, all four dogs jumped on to Apollo, taking him to the ground and biting his nose and his ears off.

"I'M GETTING HARASSED!" he yelled, waving his skinny arms (like Newt from the Maze Runner).

All the girls were laughing so hard they were rolling on the ground, dying because Apollo close to death was hilarious to them. They were proud of the dogs for finally doing what needed to be done. Ares quietly left the room and wondered what the heck was going on.

Finally, when Apollo was knocked out for the fourth time, Aphrodite dragged him out of the room and put in the cage. Athena smiled at him. They would have to give their dogs extra treats tonight for doing their dirty work.

The girls proceeded to have a sleepover, and they talked about men.

"I think Hermes is boiling," Artemis said, looking at her nails.

Everyone was silent as they processed that information.

"He's a little toddler, and he needs to grow up," Athena said as she fell off her bed.

"Don't bully everyone, Athena," Hestia said wisely.

"Who do you have a crush on?" Aphrodite asked ‌curiously.

"No one," Athena said

"Don't lie" Artemis said

"I'm not lying," Athena said

"Ok," Hestia said, and everyone stared, knowing the truth.

Aphrodite spoke up next. "I love Ares, a lot, but y'all already knew that."

"He's kinda weird though," Hestia said, staring off into the distance in depression.

"What do you know about relationships then huh, old lady?" Aphrodite said

"Oh, so that's how we're playing it, huh?" Hestia snapped back.

Aphrodite immediately stepped back, knowing not to mess with a wild Hestia

"That's what I thought," she said. "Let's forget about the incident, shall we?" She pulled out her child and started cuddling it. "What are your guy's favorite foods?"

"I'll start!" declared Aphrodite. "Mine is salad."

"I'll go next!" Artemis said. "Mine is steak and potatoes"

"I'm next!" Hestia said. "I like sushi because it is raw fish and I really like Poseidon."

The entire room was silent. Then Hestia clapped her hands to her mouth. "Oh, no. I flopped up."

"You like Poseidon?" All of them screamed, jumping up and down.

"NOOO I DIDN'T MEAN THAT FORGET I EVER SAID THAT! AHHHHHHHH!"

"OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!" Aphrodite squealed

"Oh god. What have I done?" Hestia moaned.

"WE FOUND LOVE IN A HOMELESS PLACE!" Athena started singing, and a choir broke out.

"We should start an acappella group," Artemis suggested, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Yes, and we should annoy Apollo with it, and give him a taste of his own medicine!" Athena said.

"OK, LET'S GO RIGHT NOW!" Hestia suggested, changing the subject to her relief.

The girls left the room and surrounded Apollo's cage like a pack of wolves admiring its prey. Apollo was sleeping on the ground, still knocked out. But not for long.

"SO WE GOT OUR HANDS UP WE PLAYING MY SONG, THE BUTTERFLIES FLY AWAY!"

"NODDING YOUR HEAD LIKE YEAH, MOVING YOUR HIPS LIKE YEAH!"

Apollo awoke from his slumber, rubbing his eyes.

"YASS MUSIC!" he said, and everyone stopped their beautiful acappella arrangement.

Then they entered the cage and knocked Apollo out for a fifth time .

"Flop, that didn't work," Athena said, shaking her head.

"It's fine, whatever. He gets to suffer," Artemis said, leaving and going back to Athena's room.

They all fell asleep later, the last thing on their minds being their doggo.