Chapter 2

JENNIE

I watch the delicate body, which moves restlessly on the bed. Is she having bad dreams? Probably no wonder considering her condition.

But what is she dreaming about?

My thoughts race as the girl looks around, startled and anxious. No, not anxious, rather more panicked. She looks at me and presses against the wall. Her delicate fingers slam into the gray blanket. Apparently realizing that she has transformed back, her body stiffens.

"Everything is alright. I just have a few questions. I don't mean to harm you." I try to calm her down, but I didn't get an answer.

Even when I ask for her name, her pack affiliation or what happened, I only get a panicked look. I lean back against the back of the chair and sigh.

What is she? A Beta? An Omega?

She stank outside which masks her smell, probably very handy for her.

If she's an omega, I could use my Alpha command. But I wanted to avoid that as much as possible, because most of the time the Omega only gets more scared.

The door opens and my mother enters the room. "Oh, you're awake." She says happily and carries a tablet with her.

I immediately notice how the expression in the girl's eyes changes. She responds to my mother, an omega. Is she also an omega?

"I made you pancakes with apple sauce. I hope that's okay?" She whispers and puts the tablet on the bed. A nod from the girl.

What? Is she kidding me? She reacts to my mother and not me? I look at the two, slightly pissed off.

"Jennie, that looks like an interrogation... First let her eat something, shower and give her clean clothes." My mother says.

I hesitate and watch how greedy she is. Hasn't she eaten anything for so long?

"Okay. But I'll go to the bathroom with her before she tries to escape." The little one's eyes widen. The panic is spreading again.

Since she doesn't really have much of a choice, she follows me into the bathroom and stands there, unsure.

"Don't worry. I'm not looking. I'm just here so you don't screw up." I say annoyed and turn my back to her. Nothing happens for a moment until her clothes fall on the floor and shortly afterwards the shower starts.

Several minutes pass and as I said, I remain standing. Although I would have loved to see her body to know if she has any injuries there that would indicate a struggle.

The shower goes out and more soft noises can be heard. "When you're dressed, please let me know." I decide.

Although I get no answer, it appears in my field of vision in a short time. She's wearing my clothes. Sweet. All of the blood has been washed off her body and she has also washed her hair.

"Fine, come on." I murmur and take her into the office, where I motion for her to sit down on the chair.

"Are you gonna talk now?" I ask slightly annoyed and get no answer again.

How can she be so spoiled? I can also just lock her up below or hand her over to the other oars.

I take a deep breath. Jen, think.

"Are you afraid of me because I'm an alpha?" She nods slightly. Okay.

"I don't mean you any harm. And if you answer my questions, we'll definitely find a solution, huh?" I try to sound soft.

Another nod.

"What's your name?" God, it was gross sounding so nice.

"Lisa." Her lovely voice sounds lightly.

"Thanks, Lisa. See, it works. You can speak. Are you a beta or an omega?" Her eyes drop and she hesitates. I'll wait a moment. "Omega." She murmurs barely audibly.

Indeed. I look at her, fascinated. I clear my throat briefly. "Now you just have to explain to me why you were in our area and above all: why were you covered in blood?" I ask her. Her eyes are on her hands. Her head seems to be full of thoughts.

"Okay. I'll ask it in another way: did you kill someone?" A slight shake of the head. I breathe out relieved.

"Are you running away from the other packs?" Doze off.

"You can stay here for now, but for that we need to know what happened." I make her an offer.

Her facial features become more relaxed. "Thanks." She breathes out softly.

I have to smile slightly. It's good for our reputation when we have another Omega in the pack.

"If you want, you can tell me what happened later. You're probably still hungry and thirsty." I say to her.

A nod from her and I get up to go with her to the kitchen, where my mother already works.

"Oh-" She says in surprise.

"Her name is Lisa and she is an Omega." I tell her.

"Hello, Lisa. Nice to meet you. Are you still hungry?" My mother asks, whereupon she just nods gently.

Although she seems rather reserved in general, I guess this behavior is more out of protection.

My mother starts to cook and is completely in her element. I take a glass of juice and put it in front of her.

She nods as a thank you and drinks it down completely.

I also sit down and look at her.

-

A/N: This might be a short story. Please, vote again.