craft

The sun shines brightly, leaving warm kisses against your skin. A cool breeze carries the smell of dry leaves to your nose. Your shoes scuffle on the sidewalk as you walk towards the brick building, clutching onto your handmade satchel. A neon sign above the front door reads Muse Studios. You clasp the handle of the glass door and swing it open, immediately hit with feeling of an heated space. 

It's an open-concept building. The first floor has giant windows on all four walls to allow for more natural light. On the right side, there's a loft with a skylight. Black metal stairs lead up to the lofted level, which is Mitsuya's space. Numerous design sketches hang on the walls, fabric lays all over the place, half-finished pieces hang from mannequins. Below the loft is a office-like space. A big desk sits with a laptop at its center, a large sectional sofa and a photoshoot setup on the other side - Hakkai's personal space to kickstart his modeling with Yuzuha as his manager. Finally, the left side of the building holds your art studio. Multiple easels are set up with some finished paintings that are drying and some works-in-progress. Paint splatters litter the entire space, as do brushes and other random materials. 

"Good morning," you beam. Yuzuha waves from her desk. Hakkai sits with his feet propped up on the couch. He gives only a small smile. You've known him for nearly three years now and he still hasn't gotten entirely used to your presence. Mitsuya doesn't seem to be here yet. You walk over to your stool and pull it in front of an easel. 

Mitsuya and you went to art school together after high school. You've been best friends for years. You both decided to open a joint-studio, Hakkai and Yuzuha joining in not long after. You're all creators, working your asses off to make ends meet. 

"Good morning, my personal rays of sunshine," Mitsuya announces as he pushes through the door, four cups on coffee in his hands. He walks over to Yuzuha. "A freshly brewed cup of coffee, black and bitter just like your soul," he smiles as he hands her the drink. She glares at him, but she's really trying to repress her chuckling. He saunters to Hakkai and says, "A caramel latte with an extra shot of espresso for the future model that will wear my creations on the cover of Vogue magazine." Hakkai laughs and shakes his head. 

He makes his way over to you. "Best for last," he winks, "A french vanilla cappuccino, extra sweet. Just like you." You give him a grateful smile and grasp the warm cup in your hands. Bringing the lid to your lips, you allow the sweet liquid to bring some extra energy into your day. 

The next two hours are spent on a piece inspired by Lament for Icarus by Herbert Draper. You had finished the Jujutsu Kaisen manga last night and you need to get the angst out of your heart... so you paint the soulmates that weren't meant to be. 

Art credit: @suaayen on instagram

Art credit: @suaayen on instagram. One of my fave satosugu pieces. 

"Damn, for such a bubbly person, your pieces sure are depressing," a voice says from behind you. You jump at the sudden interruption, which causes you to drop paint onto your overalls. When you're in the creative spirit, you tend to zone out everything else around you. Spinning on your stool, you glare up at Mitsuya.