Når Kommer du Hjem

1.)

Thor was afraid of storms.

It didn't matter that his father said he was destined to be the Góð of Thunder, or that he could spark lightening from his fingers. When the winds roared outside his window louder than a Bilgesnipe, the boy would end up scared out of his wits.

Tonight was no different.

The minute the thunder started, Thor shot up out of bed, and ran across the hall to the one person he felt would keep him safe. Quietly, he opened the door and crept over to the bed. He quickly crawled in next to the sleeping occupant and began shaking them awake.

"Loki!Loki!"

"Hmm...wha....Thor what are you doing in here?"

At the sight of his brother's tears, all tiredness vanished from Loki's frame.

"Storms again?"

"Uh-huh"

"Come here," Loki whispered as he opened his arms.

Once Thor was snuggled tightly in his embrace, Loki began to sing an old lullaby their mother had taught them.

" I stormsvarte fjell vandrer jeg alene

Over breen tar jeg vei

I eplehagen står jomfermessen

og synger: "Når kommer du hjem ?"

But cranes dance and the waterfalls stop when she sings , she sings "Come home " When she sings , she sings" Come home "

When he finished the song, Loki looked down to see that Thor was fast asleep. He placed a gentle kiss on his brother's forehead and snuggled down into the bed, neither boy noticing the storm for the rest of the night.

                     ********************

2.)

Loki was reading one of his spell books in the garden when Thor trampled his way in and slumped down next to him.

"I am exhausted."

"Yes, I imagine it must be quite tiring acting like a lumbering oaf all day."

"Hey! Some of us have to train with weapons. We can't all be gifted with magical prowess and a silvertongue,Loki."

The mage looked up from his book with a mischievous grin.

"Did the mighty Thunder Góð finally admit I'm superior to him?"

"Haha very funny, now move that leatherbound monstrosity so I can lay down."

Loki sat the tome to the side so Thor could lean over and put his head in his lap. For awhile neither of them spoke...they simply enjoyed the soft breeze while the younger man ran his fingers through the elder one's hair.