Chapter 4

3rd person's POV
"Wait... What do you mean by that?"

Anne only shook her head, deciding that Marcy wasn't in the right headspace to have this conversation, especially since she was crying.

"We'll talk about it some other day, I just wanna be here for you now, okay?"

"Okay..." She said with a nod, although she still didn't understand what Anne had meant before.

It went quiet before Marcy said. "Can you hold me?"

"What?"

"It's just— your hugs always made me feel better when I was down, but it's fine if you don't—"

"No! I want it, it's just— I was caught off guard is all."

Marcy weakly smiled but thanked her before burying her head into the crook of the girls neck, while she tried to comfort her.

"You wanna watch anything?"

"No... I just want to be here with you, then I'll be fine." She whispered.

Anne felt her heart flutter, but she knew it'd be selfish if she felt this way, but she couldn't help it, so with a sigh she rested her head on Marcy's shoulder, and they stayed in each other's arms.

Despite the circumstances, they felt the most comfortable here with each other, they never seized to fail about comforting each other, which was somewhat reassuring to them both.

After a bit, Anne heard soft snoring, and she realized, Marcy was asleep, all that crying must've been tiring after all.

She smiled and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before carefully setting her aside and getting a blanket for the two, and not long after, she dozed off.

To be continued...