Chapter 2

(TW: Self doubt, self-blaming, low self-esteem, and abandonment issues, if any of these trigger you, I'd recommend not to read this chapter!)

3rd person's POV
Marcy looked up at her with puffy eyes and stuttered out. "S-Sasha broke up with me."

Anne froze as she felt anger bubbling inside her, as her grip on Marcy tightened, but she quickly loosened it, realizing she might accidentally hurt the girl.

She bit her lip because she felt conflicted, she didn't like seeing Marcy sad of course, but she also liked the girl even before her and the blonde dated.

She shook her head and pushed her selfish thoughts away, and instead focused on the tear-strained girl.

"Why? What happened?"

Marcy's lips quivered as she said. "S-She pulled out this stupid line on h-how it's not me, it's her, of course I won't believe that!"

"I-I must've done something wrong to make her b-break up with me, I never deserved her." Marcy sobbed out.

"I was lucky enough to even d-date her." She whispered.

Anne felt her heart break at her words and she quickly shook her head, and pulled her closer while tilting her face up to meet her eyes.

Marcy froze at that, but didn't push her away, and Anne sighed.

"You're too hard on yourself, you're so amazing, yet you don't know it."

Marcy stayed silent, but soon shook her head and said. "I-I don't even care that she broke up with me, I loved her but..."

Anne's heart hurt at Marcy's clear adoration for the blonde, something that she'd never have for her.

"I-I just don't wanna lose her... She's too important to me,"

Anne sighed before saying. "She'd be stupid to let go of you."

To be continued...