4

The week with Nate as a roommate was great. I hate to admit it but I might miss him.

I still hate him but I think he's pretty cool.

"Hey Jane I'm gonna stay a bit later than usual tonight since my boss caught me clocking in late..." Nate waited for a reply through the phone. I brought my phone down from my ear to my side as a customer came in.

"Hi I'll be with you in a bit." I smiled at the older man. Today was kind of empty so the man chose the table in the center of the bar we had.

I raised my phone back to my ear and replied to Nate.

"Yeah sure Nate, we still on for that bet?" I smiled remembering our bet. Who ever can steal the most expensive and smallest thing tonight doesn't have to make dinner.

"Hell yeah. See you tonight Jane be safe." He said and I said my goodbye. I tucked my phone into my apron and pulled out my pad.

"What can I get started for you Hun?" I asked the older guy and he gave me a smile.

"Bacon burger, waffle fries, and milkshake." He said, I nodded.

"We have strawberry, vanilla, banana, and chocolate." I told him the flavors and he thought it over.

"Vanilla please. I like your name, Mary Jane. Has a ring to it don't you think?" He smiled.

Another creep.

"Thanks I was born with it." I turned around smiling and went to the chefs and gave him my order.

20 minutes later the food was ready so I dropped off the platter and condiments.

I looked to the back of the room where an old woman sat.

Her purse had her keys hanging out and I squinted my eyes noticing a key pendant being used as a keychain, it has an open daisy on it.

Tiffany & Co

"I'll be back, enjoy your food." I nodded at the man and walked to the older lady.

"Hi Ma'am how is everything over here-" I ran into her purse that laid on the corner and it dropped on the tile floor.  I instantly dropped down and with my note pad I covered her keys where I unhooked the small charm.

"Ma'am I am so sorry! It's been a long day and I'm so tired I didn't even see where I was walking!" I picked up the purse tucking her keys in so she doesn't notice what's missing.

"Oh no deer it's okay! My granddaughter is worse! I don't know how she manages to get through her day without running into everyone!" She sweetly laughed and I pretended to laugh as well.

"Oh! Is there anything else I can get you Ma'am?" I dusted off my apron and looked back up where the old lady looked at her drink.

"Another strawberry milkshake please sweetheart!" She smiled and I walked back behind the bar.

"Nice move Mary Jane." The older man spoke.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I brushed him off.

Shit

"You're pretty good at what you do. I will admit that. Ever thought of going bigger?" He said.

"Are you mental?" I asked and tilted my head.

"No just having trouble talking to children today." He rolled his eyes and took a drink of his milkshake.

"Do you have a problem?" I asked. I looked at him dead in the eye.

"None." He said and smiled.

"Okay then." I walked away and the second I turn around a little kid who was running to the bathroom fell. Right behind the man.