Chapter 8 - Interesting. Useful. Good

"Why don't you head up to the Smoking Parlor? I'll call ahead and have them pop on some chamomile smoke to soothe your wee little nerves. You've had a nasty shock. There's a good lass, off you go now."

Morrigan paused at the landing, looking back to watch Kedgeree, Martha, and the other staff scurry to and fro, sweeping the remains of the chandelier into sad piles of sparkling rose-colored dust.

Morrigan didn't head back to the Smoking Parlor, she went back to her bedroom and found a note lying on the drawer beside her bed.

Meet me in the lobby when everybody is asleep, I have something for you

-E.S

Morrigan waited patiently on her bed for everybody to fall asleep. Butterflies flew around in her stomach, nervous of what the Squall has for her. While Morrigan lies on her warm bed, she closed her eyes as her mind has drifted to something else that she always had in her mind ever since she found herself lying on the cold bed back in Jackalfax. She knew that some events would change as she changed the history and not everything would go according to her first life. She prayed that nothing would change and tried convincing herself that; but deep down Morrigan knew it was a lie. The note wasn't there in her first life. This would be the first time since she was back in the past that something has occurred differently.

She opened her midnight black eyes to see the patch of sky in her bedroom window lightened from darkest black to inky predawn blue, the stars extinguishing one by one.

Few minutes past as it was close to midnight, Morrigan tiptoed out of her bed knowing that everybody should be asleep by now. She grabbed a warm sweater and putted it over he nightgown as the door creaked softly while existed her bedroom.

The mess of the broken pink sailing ship had all been cleared away, as the lobby turned rather dark without the glow of the chandelier. The concierge desk was empty as she reached the lobby, her footsteps echoed in the emptiness.

Morrigan stood there for a minute. She knew Squall was here somewhere but she couldn't see him in the dark neither could she feel his present. That was until Morrigan heard music, a familiar hum from the shadows.

She recognized the tune almost immediately as she turned to the shadow in the corner. IThe strange little tune was, 'Little Crowling', the song Squall used to summon his Wunder. Memories flashed in her mind as she remembered the first lesson of about Wunder Squall taught her... even though she hatred him at that time. Her pulse quickened.

"Mr. Squall?" she said to the shadows in the corner as her voice resounded and bounced off the walls. The humming stopped. The air was silent for a moment. 

"Miss. Crow, how nice to see you again! Now, if you may come a bit closer so you can see me..."

Morrigan walked closer as she found Squall sitting half in shadows, legs crossed, coat folded neatly across his lap. He was shrouded in darkness.

"I'm glad you came," he said with a soft smile on his face, "Sorry if I made you wait for a while, I was...distracted."

He stepped out of the shadows a bit, as a beam of moonlight crossed his face.

Butterflies once again gathered in Morrigan's stomach as her heart started to pound a bit faster. She cleared her throat as she steadied her voice trying not the show her nervous to Squall, "So, why did you want to see me?"

This time Squall stepped completely out of the shadows as the smile on his face grew even bigger. "Why, I have something for you, little crowling," Morrigan looked a bit surprised as what he was calling her as he continued, "I realized that I left too quickly back at Bid Day that I had forgotten to give you something."