Chapter Eight

The second game of the Reynolds' football season was an easy steal for the guys. Hayley and Ashlee made the trip to the neighboring county to watch their boys play. Her and Chase hadn't really made their relationship official yet; they just wanted to take everything slow.

Chase made the final touchdown with seconds left. Once he celebrated with the team, he hopped the fence and ran up the bleacher steps to where Hayley sat. Ashlee quickly excused herself as Chase pulled Hayley into his arms and spun her around.

Laughing, she held onto him tighter. "Good job, superstar, " she whispered in his ear. She went to kiss his cheek as Chase turned toward her. He caught her lips with his. He'd wanted to kiss her so bad since the night at the party. Hayley fought every urge to pull away. She leaned into his kiss and matched his pace.

It was Chase that ended up pulling away. "I'm going to change real quick, then maybe we can go get something to eat?"

"Sounds good. I'm going to go let Ash know." Chase headed back to the locker room while Hayley went looking for Ashlee. She caught up with Ashlee at the bottom of the bleachers.

"You getting a ride home from Chase aren't ya?" Ashlee asked, smirking.

Hayley laughed. "How you'd guess?"

"It was just a lucky guess. Are we still going shopping tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll come over to your house about 11, does that work?" Hayley asked as Chase and Bryan walked up to them with their bags. Chase slid his hand into hers.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow. Later, Chase." Ashlee and Bryan headed toward the parking lot, leaving Chase and Hayley alone.
Hayley looked down at her hand in Chase's and smiled. "So where to, superstar?"

"I really just want to hang out with you. How about we run through a drive thru and find somewhere quiet to go?"

"Sounds good."

Chase adjusted his bag on his shoulder and took his hand out of hers. He put his arm around her shoulders as they walked toward his truck. He tossed his bag in the back and quickly opened the passenger door.

"Hayley?" Chase and Hayley both turned to see one of the opposing players walking toward them. "I thought that was you."

"Oh my God, Jamie what are you doing here?" Hayley asked throwing her arms around the guys neck. Chase tightened his grip on the door handle. He stood there and watched Hayley and Jamie talk for a few minutes. She turned toward Chase with a huge smile on her face. "Chase, this is Jamie. We grew up together back home."

Chase nodded to Jamie and said hello. He watched them talk for a few more minutes. Once they had caught up, Hayley said her goodbye to Jamie and climbed in Chase's truck.

"So, where you want to eat at?" Chase asked as he climbed in next to her.

"Wherever you want to go." She slid across the bench seat to where she was right next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder as he pulled her closer to him. Chase drove to the nearest fast food restaurant he could find. After running through the drive thru and ordering for them, they made the short drive back to Chase's house.

Instead of parking in his usual spot, Chase kept driving toward the field adjacent to his house. Once he found a spot, he parked and they jumped out. Dropping the tailgate, they climbed up on it to eat.

"Just let me know when you want me to take you home," Chase said as they finished eating.

"I'm perfectly content with this right now. Can we just lay here and look at the the stars for a bit?"

"Anything you want," he said, flashing that grin she loved. "Hang on a second." He hopped down and went to the cab of his truck. He came back with a blanket and laid it down for them. He settled down on the blanket and motioned for her to lay down next to him.

Hayley settled down on the blanket next to Chase and laid her head on his chest. She smiled as he pulled her closer to him. She looked up to see a look on Chase's face she hadn't seen before. "What's on your mind?"she asked.

"Hmm? Oh nothing," Chase said, running his fingers over her arm. "Just trying to figure out how I'm going to to ask you to be my girlfriend."

She shifted in his arms and looked up at him. "Well, we've already been on a date and made out in front of everyone at the game." She brought her face within inches of his. "I just assumed we were."

Chase smiled at her as he put his hand on the back of her neck. "Good." He brought her down to him and gently touched his lips to hers. She settled back down next to him. She closed her eyes for a second and smiled as he tightened his grip on her.