Chapter 6: Maxwell the misogynist

As we ended the conversation telling Izzy what we needed her to do, I go to bed with thoughts among thoughts. I feel so close to finally being able to be with my beloved.

I wake up in a very good mood and finally get to school and that's when I saw a peculiar poster that caught my eye. It said "Lemon Bar Club: Make Your Own Lemon Bars!"

At first I thought it was stupid, but that's when I saw the people who signed up.

"President: Maxwell Johnson," along with a couple of other people from Musical Production, Sean, Lilly, Kelsie, Nat, lilliANN, Baden and... Cal and Sawyer. I knew what this was and I wasn't gonna let them get away with it. I signed up for the Lemon Bar Club and continued on with my day, eager to meet with Izzy to get what I asked for. But when I made it to my locker it was Sean???

Sean then began to explain "Izzy said she had some other 'business' to attend to, so she asked me to bring you what you asked for."

Did he know about what we were doing? "SEAN? Do you know what's in that bag?"

"Nope" he replied, "but I have a hunch. I won't tell anyone. It's not any of my business on what YOU plan to do with this... garbage." He then tossed the bag in my hands and walked away, wiping his hands on his shirt and then tossing his emo haircut that lay above only one eye. I then went to class to continue with my day.

At fourth period, when it was almost time to go, I felt a vibration from my phone. I ignored it during class, thinking that it was probably just a scam text or something. But when I opened my phone I saw that I had an email sent to me, from MAX! It was Max telling the members of the lemon bar club that the first meeting of the Lemon Bar Club was... today??? I was ecstatic, this meant that I would be able to execute my plan by the end of today. This was our golden opportunity.

The club took place in the teachers lounge since it was the only place in the school that had a "kitchen" besides the cafeteria, which was off limits to any students. I walked into the lounge noticing that I was probably the last person to show up. Cal walked over to me with a smirk on his gross, crusty, musty face. "You're never gonna hurt Sawyer again, Clive. And you're ESPECIALLY not gonna get your disgusting hands on Max, got that?"

"Whatever you say, Cal," said Lillian as she appeared behind me. She glared at him with a angry look. Cal then rolled his eyes and walked over to Sawyer as Sawyer started to yell at him. I couldn't hear much of it, as I was too far away.

Maxwell stood and spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. "Guys, I don't want any drama here, especially because of the tension that has been between us for the past couple of weeks."

Sawyer walked toward me and then began to speak out loud as well. "Maxwell, your right. Clive, I shouldn't have done that to you. No wonder you pulled a Will Smith on me. Clive, you're my bestie let's make this up casually, bro."

Maxwell then began clapping as Sawyer fake-hugged me. I knew it was fake because I could just feel the big, evil, crusty smirk behind me. Sean obviously noticed the smirk because I sensed a presence behind me that slapped Sawyer in in the face. I then pushed Sawyer away from me as Max began to say very controversial words.

"I knew you guys would stick together in the end," he said, confidently. "Guys are always there for each other, I don't know about the girls though they make a big deal out of everything. Recently, Lilly told me that she was auditioning for Crutchie from Newsies next year. I then proceeded tell her that that was impossible because only a boy can be Crutchie. I mean, cmon!"

Lilly began to glare at max with death in her eyes "See? Girls are too much drama."

Oh, I know what he said was very stereotypical and misogynistic, but I couldn't help but make a small giggle.