7

♡︎

Chan arrived at the airport rushing outside to the airplane waiting for his little boy as all the passengers walked off the plane. Felix was extremely nervous walking down the stairs but reached the floor and looked up there he was. Exactly like in the picture he had managed to secretly take from his Appa. Messy curly blonde hair, the dimple, the built body it was exactly the same. Chan smiled once he spotted the twelve year old.

Felix thanked the attendant who handed him his luggage. "Hey Ji! Welcome home!" Chan shouted, making Felix run over straight to him and stand right in front his dad. "What are you waiting for huh? Give me a hug!" Chan opened his arms where Felix jumped into. "Finally, dad." Felix said as he closed his eyes and hugged Chan tightly as he carried him off the ground. They embraced in a tight hug, Felix finally meeting his dad for the first time in his life.

Chan gave him a small peck on the cheek before putting him down. "I hope you had a horrible time at camp because I am never ever letting you go back. I missed you so much!" Chan said, making Felix giggle at his dad's speech. Felix stayed quiet as his dad examined him and furrowed his eyebrows "I feel like Something changed Ji." Felix simply smiled still admiring his dad.

"Are you getting taller?" Chan asked, measuring the twelve year old with his hand. Chan then grabbed the luggage and they both started walking. Felix finally took courage to speak up. "How's it going dad? How's Seungmin and everyone?"

"Everyone is great! Everyone is missing you!" Chan replied, smiling at his son. "Ji, eight weeks is too much and some stuff has been going on here.."

"Well a lot has happened to me too, dad!" Felix said since he was now in a forieng country he's never been too "I feel like a whole brand new person."

That's when Chan noticed how his son kept staring at him "Is there something on my face? What's wrong?" Chan asked to go eye to eye level with his son. "No, it's just like seeing you for the first time.." Felix shook his head and immediately added "you know, after eight weeks.. you look taller to me dad!"

"I promised you I wouldn't cry at the airport so let's go home you squirrel." Chan said and couldn't help smiling at the words.

Felix's eyes sparkled as he looked out the car window. It was a sports car that his Appa would never ever buy so he enjoyed his time. They drove and drove past the city and along the ocean. It was beautiful and Felix felt at home. The air was so fresh. Everything looked perfect.

"And thank you for all the wonderful letters you sent me. I'm glad you used all that expensive stationary I bought you." Chan said sarcastically since his son had promised to send them. "We did mean to-"

"We?"

Felix panicked slightly before answering "me and my friend. We became great friends basically like brothers." Felix said watching his dad for any reaction although he got none "that's great Ji." Chan simply replied knowing how timid Jisung could be sometimes. "He was 너무 멋있어요!" Felix accidentally said in Korean. "Really cool?" Chan asked since they usually used basic Korean at home and that word was usually never mentioned between them.

"All of sudden you're better at korean than me?" Chan asked playfully, noticing the freckles on his son's face "you got some freckles, I see."

"You noticed! I spent so much time in the sun." Felix said knowing some of them didn't cover the foundation. "Of course I notice, you did wear sunscreen right?"