Chapter 2

Toni's POV

I stayed too long at Jug's, which resulted in me being late to work. I hurriedly entered the elevator and hysterically tapped the numbers.

I said hi to everyone and got mentally prepared for another day with Cheryl Blossom.

"What's your name?" It was the cute girl from the other day.
"Toni. What about you?"
"Stacy. Nice to meet you." She widely smiled at me. She was the only person smiling at me in the whole building.

I excused myself and hurriedly entered the office. It was cold and dark with red lights on.

Cheryl was not working on the computer, she was lying down on the sofa and her ass was showing a little.
"You're late Ann."
Ann?!
"It's Antoinette."
"You're late, whatever your name is."
"I'm sorry, I stayed up late last night."
"Lock the door."
I did as I was said and slowly approached the other sofa that was opposite of the one she was on.
The room was so cold. I noticed that the AC was on.
"Do you mind if I turn off the AC? It's cold."
"I'm hot. You should have dressed appropriately and you wouldn't be cold."

I stayed silent and watched her fall asleep on the couch.
"If you make sudden noises or wake me up I'm gonna be mad." She warned me.
"I won't." I whispered.

After about fifteen minutes, my phone started ringing. I got nervous and hurriedly turned it off.
"Antoinette." She glared at me.
"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"
"Go grab the wine."
I urgently stood up and grabbed her a bottle of wine.

When I entered the room again, I locked it and handed her the bottle along with a glass.
"Still not twenty one?" She looked like she wanted to piss me off.
"No." I smiled warmly.
"Right." She whispered.
"You're not very communicative." I found the courage to say something so bold to her.
"Turn the TV on and hand me the remote."
She completely ignored my sentence.
I did as I was told and I also handed her the cigarettes from the table.
"You're getting good at this." She said when she saw a pack of cigarettes in my hands.
I smiled and sat next to her.
She studied me, I guess she felt offended that I sat next to her without her asking me to.
"S-Sorry." I quickly stood up.
"Sit." She ordered.

My goodness I'm so nervous around her.

She went on youtube and put on Shark Tank.

I found it really interesting, since there was nothing else to do.
"Do you think that this is a good investment?"
I asked her, looking at her lovingly. God I can't control myself.
"I don't give a damn. I'm not even following."
But her eyes were glued to the TV.
"Right..." I whispered.

"Stand up." She ordered after a while.
"Follow me." She sat me down in front of the computer, and handed me a single paper.

"Rewrite this and check for mistakes." She ordered as she entered the google doc.

I obliged without a word and she made her way back to the sofa. She was resting on her stomach with her head on the pillow. And most importantly, she was staring at me the whole time. I would glance at her every now and then, to check if she's still staring, and every time I looked at her, our eyes met. Why is she so complicated?

"Is there anything you want to ask me, Miss Blossom?"
"You seem uncomfortable."
"Oh, no. I just thought you were looking at me."
"I was."
I stared back and tried my best to just concentrate and finish the task.

After about five minutes, I was finished.
"I'm finished."
"Good for you."
"Anything else?"
"Come nap."
"Nap?"
"Yeah. I wanna nap, so you have to nap too."
"Oh-"
"I don't want you fucking staring at me. Just sleep."
"I wasn't-"
"Yeah you were, you stared at me yesterday and you stared at me today."
"I'm so-"
"Come here."

I stood up and sat on the sofa opposite from hers.
"Sleep."
She was persistent so I gave in and slowly rested my head on the pillow, while pulling the blanket over my bare legs.

I woke up after about half an hour because it was fucking cold and I had to turn off the AC no matter what. I noticed the remote control in Cheryl's hands, and quietly made my way over to her, gently getting ahold of the remote.
But she surprised me by harshly grabbing my wrist and I winced loudly.
"Sit your fucking ass down, and stop waking me up." She said calmly with her eyes still closed. But what made me nervous is that she pulled me to sit on the sofa she was resting on, and put her legs on top of my thighs, not letting me move.

"Please just-Please turn it off. I'm cold."
She threw the remote at me before drifting off to sleep again.

I looked at her beautiful face. It was pale and flawless. I think I'm falling for her once again. Her smooth thighs touching my own made me feel butterflies in my stomach, those that I felt whenever she accidentally looked at me in high school. I carefully put a blanket over her and left the office.