Chapter 1

Kavya's POV

I open the door to my apartment and place my keys on the table and just fall on couch without bothering to change or even take my shoes off because I am so exhausted. Today was the last the day of college before summer and I know it's supposed to be a not so tiring day but for me it was the most tiring day. I am supposed to graduate after six years but I am trying to finish it in 4 years so that I can finish my masters early.

As I am just laying down, I hear my phone ringing. I look at it to see that Kaira, my best friend calling me "what do you want" I said while groaning "Jeez I can't even call my best friend anymore wow" she said being dramatic as usual "get to the point Kaira I know you didn't call me for nothing" I said rolling my eyes "ok ok well I AM GETTING MARRIED" I jerked up as soon as she said that "wait did I hear that right?" I asked "yessss Adi proposed and we are getting married in like two weeks!" she said excitedly "two weeks! why so early?" I asked "Well our parents said that the dates have to be either in two weeks or in the next five months so we obviously picked the closest one and you are coming" she orders "How will I mange to get a ticket this early" I whined "don't worry about it I already bought your ticket" she showed them to me "what if I couldn't come?" I asked raising my eyebrow "oh please! My wedding, without you in it, not possible" I just laugh at that and shake my head and then we both squeal in excitement. I told her to send me the tickets and we talked for a little bit then we hung up because she had to go out.

I changed into my PJ's because I didn't have anywhere else to go today and decided to relax a little so I was just scrolling through the channels on my TV when I saw last year's IPL on right now and it was the whole game too. I haven't seen a good cricket game in forever so I started watching it. It was RCB vs SRH and SRH won the toss and chose to field.

I was too invested in the game. Damn SRH's got some nice bowler man. They didn't give any runs and took wickets back to back. The break was ending and it was SRH's turn to bat now and they have to make 68 runs in 120 balls like even I could do that. No I can't but we don't talk about that. Then I see him running in the field

I just froze in front of the TV. He did it, Abhishek Sharma made it to the IPL. I haven't seen him in 3 years. All of the memories and emotions suddenly rushed through my mind. The most I felt was anger because of everything that happened and I didn't know when I started crying.

I rushed to turn the damn TV off but my fingers wouldn't move, maybe because deep inside I still want to see how he plays and how he got here, maybe deep down, I still care for him.

I force myself to turn the TV off because looking at him brings back memories I don't want to remember.

To distract myself, I started packing while listening to songs because my flight is in two days since there are many pre-wedding rituals, of course because it's an Indian wedding.

I was in the middle of packing when I heard my phone ringing. It's my dad. Great, why is he calling me? I am in no mood to listen to him taunting me for something I didn't even do.

"Hello" I mumbled "are you coming to India for Kaira's wedding" he asked in a rude tone. "Uh yea, why?" I asked, confused because he never calls me to ask something about me "I just wanted to let you know that if you are coming book a hotel or something because you are not staying at my house" he said hanging up, and there's the catch. 

Ever since my mother passed away I haven't had the best relationship with my Dad. He blamed me for her death, and him taunting me about it convinced me that it was my fault. He did not fail to remind me of that incident every single fucking day of life.

Anyways, after I was done with packing I decided to just go to sleep because I have had a long day and I am tired as fuck.

Two days went by like nothing because yesterday I went to the mall with Avni, one of my friends and we just spent the day together. Today I spent my time cleaning my apartment and now I am getting ready to sleep because I have to wake up at 3 because my flight is at 5 in the morning.

I heard my alarm and I, for the first time in my life, got up and was not annoyed about waking up early because I am so excited to attend my Best Friend's wedding. It has been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

Once I was ready and sure that I got all the necessities, I locked my house and took my luggage. As if on cue my cab arrived and I started putting my luggage in the trunk which only consisted of two bags, traditional in one and normal in the other.

After getting the boarding pass and getting through the security I was just sitting in the waiting lounge until I heard them calling my flight's name. The plane ride was very exhausting and boring but I somehow managed to get through it.

It's the best feeling ever to land at the place where you spent most of your life.

A/N: HEY GUYSSS! sooo here's the first chapter, not too interesting but it gets better😉. pls let us know in the comments how you liked the chapter. SEE YOU ALL ON THE NEXT ONE!!