PROLOGUE

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction, names, characters, businesses, places, incidents, and series of events are either product of authorʼs imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblances to actual persons dead or alive are purely coincidental.

Distribution, copying, and re-uploading of this story is highly prohibited. There are corresponding sanctions to all those actions that'll be committed. Please be reminded that 'Plagiarism' is a crime punishable by law. 

This story  contains mature contents that might not be suitable for readers 13 and below. Read at your own risk. 

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Walking hand in hand with the man I love in the beautiful place of Sipalay is such a satisfying moment for me. We are here celebrating our milestone together. I just graduated in college and he is currently a freelance singer. He's doing well with busking as well and he's building quite a fanbase on his own. 

"Thank you for bringing me here, love." He said smiling while kissing the back of my hand. Sa tagal namin, kinikilig pa rin talaga ako sa kanya. I know deep inside I am gaslighting myself. This is such a happy time, or it should be.

"Thank you for coming here with me." I said. He stopped walking which made me stop as well. We let the salt water wet our feet as we stand in the shoreline. The sun kissing our skin and the wind hugging our bodies. We looked at each other with love and admiration, and slowly, our lips touched as the water kiss the sand. I closed my eyes trying to let the storm in my head die down.

"Baby, Please know that I love you and I'm thankful for your existence." He said the moment our kiss ended. He held my face and lift it just enough for me to see sadness in his eyes. Suddenly, My chest tightened.

That moment, I felt the unexplainable rush of emotions I never even thought I would feel,.............. Or was it? 

Did I really feel it just now? Or is it something I have been setting aside for the sake of trying to salvage "us".

"I love you too and I'm grateful for having you in my life. " I replied while trying to prevent my voice from cracking. I got this.

"I need to tell you something. I have been thinking about this for a while now ———"

"Hold it please. Let's enjoy our stay here for now." I said cutting him off, faking a smile before I walk past him slowly.

"Gia, hindi ko na kayang lokohin pa ang sarili ko at saktan ka. Please." I stopped. Yung mga luhang kanina ko pa pinipigilan ay unti unti nang kumawala. Naramdaman ko ang marahang paglalakad nito palapit sa akin kaya mabilis kong pinunasan ang mga luha at nakangiting humarap dito.

"Saktan ako? Saan? Bakit?" I asked innocently, or rather, acting innocent and oblivious of the fact I knew months ago.