02 :: Trying To Resume

Warning: There may be a few graphic scenes involved

━━━━━°⌜ 夢 ⌟°━━━━━

"I had a sad dream with you in my arms."

- SAVIOR (이하이)

━━━━━°⌜ 夢 ⌟°━━━━━

Like I said, I'm still repulsive about their notion to skedaddle outside. It isn't really much benefit, if you ponder about it. Living in sempiternal trepidation, having blood pressures shooting up with just a glance of the black clothes... That isn't the sort of ideal life that the humans yearn for. And I know that.

This is, however, the acme of how much I can nudge my nose into their matters. Not that I have a nose, but just for the sake of a likely metaphor... I might as well make a use of that.

I watched Fores, with her eyes shut close, her eyebrows crashing down every once in a while coupled with the slight jerking of her head. She had clearly been hit with a shot of the memory that she'd tucked away so professionally.

Waking up in cold sweat, the green hues of her irises shook as she took in her surroundings. A wave of relief washed over her as she recovered from the ordeal. Her palms immediately went to her temple, rubbing small, yet rigid circles there to relieve her from the blues.

"You're awake?"

I heard the shuffling of feet and Taylor had appeared with her hand clutching a small wet cloth. She pressed it against Fores' forehead, ready to look for any signs of weaknesses. "Are you feeling alright?" she asked.

"I guess so."

Taylor kept up with her habitual solicitude. "Good thing Taehong carried you back here. You look so pale," she remarked, brushing the stray strands of Fores' hair away from her face. "Want anything to eat, Fores?"

"Not right now." Her answers were curt, like they had been cut short. She really didn't want to expend the energy that she had left. There were just ounces of it, though. She was close to losing all of it in the next few seconds.

Just as she was about to close her eyes for a moment to reel herself back to her former vigour, she felt a heat radiating through her palm.

"You good?" he asked. Taehong, I mean. "You feeling okay?"

She nodded, slightly. She had to keep away from any sort of travail.

"This is why I told you not to venture outside. It's so much better in here, Fores." Taylor was desperate enough to pull out the protective card. She'd been holding back for so long. And just as she'd said that, she rubbed her child's back in soothing circles.