3. THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Hello, I don't know how a small 2k chapter turned into 6K words. Anyways, hope you all like this one. 

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE.

Thank you~

*************

The moment he walked out and left her home, Nandini locked all of the windows that she forget to close earlier and the main door, she double, triple-checked all of the locks

That night, she didn't get a wink of sleep. She just couldn't sleep. Keeping the kitchen knife with her, which looked like the best weapon for now. Her mobile phone and wallet, everything is right in front of her easy enough to grab.

She kept calculating, kept thinking, what if he is joking? 

What if Manik, that killer, he just joked about leaving her alive. What if there is already someone else in her home who is ready to kill her? What if he himself comes back to kill her?

The scenario repeated in her mind a thousand times, Nandini thought about the better outcomes, practicing what she has to say, how to save her life. Or how to even stab him if it's necessary. 

How to protect herself, save herself, and mainly how not to embarrass herself in front of him again by showing him her cleavage accidentally. She is so mortified when he said that. But still, she didn't go into her room to change into her night suit, no, she is afraid someone might come again.

So, she chooses to sit on the couch in the living room itself, with all of the things ready enough. Anyways, if she is near the main door, she can escape quickly. Multiple times she thought, different scenarios, everything just about how to survive tonight.

All of these thoughts kept her up all night. She thought he will come again to finish her for sure but he didn't and she is grateful for that. 

And Nandini is glad to see the sun blazing in her home, so many people running around outside. There were shutter opening sounds, stores opening. She got a little confident as no one can touch her in the broad daylight. 

Who will come to murder her in the daytime? No one can, right.

For once thinking positively, Nanidni started getting ready to leave for her dance practice session. On her way out, there is a lot of commotion in that alley where the murder has happened. 

It seems the old guy who was jogging has seen the dead body and immediately reported it to the police. Now, there are a lot of people just standing and watching the police and media doing their job. There are no cc cameras in this area.

Nandni just increased her speed, walked quickly to cross that alley, and once she is away from that area, she got on the bus and settled on the empty seat. 

Then she realized how her legs are shaking so badly. After showing the bus pass to the driver, Nandini took her phone out and plugged the earphones. 

The classical music is playing, the one to which she dances. She listened, noting the rhythm and counting how many steps it will have. Yet she struggled to distract herself, she kept looking back, outside on the road, and at the passengers too. She is suspicious and scared if anyone is following her.