Past, Present, and Fusion

A young man rode his horse along the grassy plain to his family's ranch. After putting the horse back in the stall, he took off looking for his younger brother. He sure wasn't in the pigpen where he should've been. 

He peeked between the barndoors, hearing a swishing sound coming from inside. Inside, his brother was practicing his fencing skills and not doing his chores. He rolled his eyes and lassoed the door open, to which his brother immediately stopped what he was doing. He went so far as to try and hide his fencing sword.

"Hey bro," his older brother huffed as he spoke up.

"Playing Three Musketeers again?"

"I'm not playing," the younger brother persisted.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway I need your help-"

"Feeding the pigs," the two spoke together. Neither brother noticed the dog leave the barn.

"Right, again. I'll meet you there," the older brother walked off, unamused.

"Come on, Rubik, let's go feed the pigs," the teenager called out to his dog. "Rubik?" He immediately tossed the fencing sword aside and went to go find his dog.

He ran across the acres of his family's farm, hearing Rubik barking through the trees. 

"I'm coming buddy." He began to run through the trees himself to find his beloved family dog. He soon found said dog, barking in another direction. Rubik didn't so much as look at his master, he was so convinced that the man in front of him wasn't right.

"What are you doing, Rubik? You scared me." The boy went to grab his dog, but suddenly saw movement headed their way. A creature, that certainly didn't look like any earthly creature, made it's way toward Rubik, who was still barking like crazy.

"Quiet, you filthy furball. I'll shut you up for good." The cat like creature spoke, as he lifted his sword to slay Rubik. His sword immediately caught electricity, making the boy go into panic mode. He grabbed hold of a post and jumped into action. He caught the creature's sword with the post, making the creature furious.

"What? Who are you?" The creature flipped his sword back, so he could have control.

"Don't touch my dog!" The boy exclaimed, as he slammed the creature into a tree. Rubik ran off, as the creature shoved the boy away from him. The boy fell back from the force.

"Get off me! How dare you challenge me, human!" The creature suddenly felt the post jab at him a few times. The boy finally got to put his fencing skills to the test as he swung his post against the creature's sword. Finally the creature threw him so hard, he rolled across the ground a ways.

The creature began to shoot more lightning bolts from his sword, causing the boy to move suddenly. The boy was astounded to see this feat, but did not give up. He even managed to block many of the bolts with the post, using the moves he'd learned. The only bolt he missed almost cost him though, as he tumbled back yet again. 

The post he used was flung back so hard, that it hit a rock, dislodging part of the rock itself to reveal a dinosaur fossil. That was not the only thing found in the rock however.

"The green energem!" The creature shouted for joy. He'd finally found another.

The boy didn't care about whatever the creature called out about, he just wanted to not die. He ran over to the rock and began to pull at the post that was lodged in deep. The creature was getting closer and closer, as the boy pulled and pulled.

"Out of my way! That's my energem!" The creature exclaimed, even more furious. However, even he could not have predicted what happened next. The green energem had begun to glow, and make it's way up the post, finally bonding to the boy. The boy was thoroughly confused, but yanked out the post, which had mysteriously changed into a sword itself.