Chapter 5- Prep

Daisy shows me to my room, as tells me to get some sleep because tomorrow we arrive at the capitol and the game training would start.

I’m exhausted and fall asleep as soon as I fall on the bed.

Images flash through my dreams, Finn and Jack’s birthday party, my mother singing as she does housework, my father coming through the door with a bunch of fish,

and finally my whole families face as I was chosen to be here.

I wake up, and stumble into the shower.

I am still a bit foggy from that last night of nightmares. I push random button to try and control the shower, but I end up being lather in purple foam and rinsed off in hot water.

It was not the most pleasant shower but I’m clean, I dry and fishtail braid my hair.

Looking around my room, it find the fully equip wardrobe.

Dresses, jeans, tee-shirts shoes of all kinds. This puzzles me for a bit because I will only be on here for a one more day.

I guess they just never use that same clothes for every girl tribute that has this room

I put a plain pair of jeans and blue tee-shirt. I join Daisy, Finnick Mags and Ethan in the dining car for breakfast.

You can feel the awkwardness in the air. Everyone eats in silence, only saying a few words to ask for the toast of the eggs. Finally Daisy breaks the silence

“ We will be in the Capitol in about a half an hour”

Ethan and I give a slight smile but in reality making it to the capitol is the point of no return. We are kept like animals in cages for the week we spend there before the games begin given no chance of a way to escape or end our lives before the games.

“ Once we arrive at the capitol, your prep team and stylist will get you ready for the tribute parade tonight!” Mags says in her soft voice.

“ Ya tonight they will make you look amazing! That will be pretty easy for your prep team Annie, Ethan....not so much.” Finnick adds on

I let out a slight giggle, Finnick gives me one of his famous winks. Ethan gives a very fake offended look