1. A call from the school

During the past few days, Hannah experienced the comfortable life of a rich lady. Every day, she slept until the sun was high in the sky. She was completely immersed in this hedonistic lifestyle, there was nothing more she wanted to do.

Until a phone call pulled her back to reality.

"Madam, there is something that needs your attention." The person who called was the assistant of my new husband, the tone of his voice was business-like. The school suddenly called to ask the parents to go over, but Sir is overseas on a business trip and can't make it back in time. I hope Madam can make a trip to the school on sir's behalf."

Hannah: "... It's not appropriate for me to go, right?"

If his biological father wasn't around, then he still had his biological mother. It wasn't her responsibility regardless.

The assistant did not seem to expect Hannah's reaction. He paused for a moment and said, "Miss Chen is currently traveling in Japan. She won't be able to make it back in time."

Hannah: "..."

Wasn't this too much of a coincidence?

When his biological parents were needed, both of them were not around. It was now his stepmother's turn. It feels tiring just to think about it.

"Alright then."

The assistant could hear the reluctance in her words and was speechless for a moment. It was difficult to be the stepmother of an ordinary family, let alone a wealthy family. Under such circumstances, shouldn't Hannah seize the opportunity to win the young master's approval and sir's favor?

But listening to her attitude, the assistant did not know what to say.

This was Hannah's first time going to school as a parent. She was nervous and scared to see so many kids running amok, even if they were teenagers. From what the butler has told me about my stepson I recall that was cold and overbearing but not difficult to get along with.

Meanwhile the Butler: I did not say that. I just said he is a little closed off and likes to do things his own way but he has a good heart. TToTT

I did not even know that the third-floor master bedroom had a super large cloakroom, where the clothes, bags, and jewelry there were of the latest season. It could be seen that my husband did not skimp on materialistic things.

But I do not need those. They are just going to get wasted.

The only strange thing was that there was no hint of anyone else living in the master bedroom other than her. So, he was not living here? Passing her days around in a haze can be a bit tiring. She did not even know that her husband was on a business trip until the secretary called. Did he come to the room on the day we got married? Probably not.

Adam went to an elite school with excellent teachers. Such schools usually had two kinds of students. Either the students were so excellent that they didn't need to pay high tuition fees, or the parents were so powerful that they spent money to send their children in so that they could study abroad in the future.

Obviously, Adam was the latter.

Hannah chose a simple yet elegant dress, put on some light makeup, and prepared to go out. Because even if she was not interested in all this, she needs to dress the part to avoid future troubles. Before she went out, she deliberately chose a pair of high heels that weren't that high. From what she knew, outsiders' cars had to stop outside the school. She had to walk the distance from the school gate to the teaching building.

But before she could say anything, she saw the driver drive all the way into the school. The security guard at the school gate not only didn't stop him but also saluted them.