Completely smitten - I

Nazli lay in bed thinking about the day or rather the date she had with Ferit today. She could still feel the butterflies every time she recalled his breath fanning her neck. She couldn't deny her feelings for him anymore.

When he mentioned fishing, she tried to put on a brave face trying not to overthink or worry but the moment he held her all she could think of was him.

She never saw him laugh like he did today. There's a completely different side to him. He does all the silly stuff Bulut asks him to do and lets himself go in contrast to how strict he is at work. Her mobile buzzed, distracting her from his thoughts. It was a text from an unknown number.

Hi Nazli, this is Derek. I'm in London. Can we catch up for dinner tomorrow?

It took her a minute to recollect who Derek was. Before she could respond to the text, there was a call from Ferit. She answered immediately.

"That was quick. Not sleeping yet?" Ferit asked her as she answered so quickly.

"No, I was expecting your call. Did you reach? Bulut still sleeping?" Nazli asked him, cursing herself for being so eager to answer.

"He didn't even budge when I tried to wake him up. I just put him in bed." Ferit told her Bulut must have been tired.

Their conversation slowly drifted to discussing the work to be done tomorrow and other things.

"Have you checked the time? Aren't you starting work early tomorrow? Get some sleep." Nazli checked the time, and it was already midnight.

"Good night. See you Wednesday." Ferit cut the call.

She went to work the next day, booking herself into the evening baking course to keep her sane. Nazli knew she was a lost cause when she occasionally glanced at Ferit's desk though she knew he was working from home.

She tried to concentrate on her work and got through the day. When she stepped out after the class that evening, she ran into someone.

"Nazli!!" Derek held her in surprise.

"Hi" Nazli was shocked to see him there.

She ended up going to dinner with him though all she wanted to do was go home after a long day.

"I was planning to call you since you haven't responded to my text." Derek informed her once they ordered food.

"Sorry, I was meaning to reply. Got caught up with something else." Nazli recalled reading his text last night.

"It's fine, even better that we ran into each other like this." Derek went on telling her how much he liked the city.

Nazli occasionally responded to his questions but remained silent for the most part.

"Am I such a bad company?" Derek asked her as he caught her checking her mobile.

"No, it's just I'm getting late. I've got work tomorrow." Nazli tried to cover up though she was checking to see if Ferit sent her any message.

"I'll let you go in that case, but we should definitely plan something for Saturday." Derek started suggesting places.

"I'm sorry I've got a class to attend." Nazli called for the cheque and paid for her share though Derek wanted to pay.

Once she was home, she took a quick shower and crashed on the bed. Her face lit up the moment she saw his name flash on her mobile.

"Hey, just put Bulut to bed. How was your day? Missed me at work?" Ferit asked her cheekily.

"Like I had nothing to do. You've piled on enough tasks to keep me busy for a whole week." Nazli replied curtly remembering all the suggestions he emailed on the report she thought she finished the work on.