~ Prologue ~

COPYRIGHTED. ALL. RIGHTS. RESERVED. -> fluffypancakes12 Plagiarism is illegal. ___________________________________

"Daddy!" I squealed as my little 7 year old frame jumped upon the bed my father was resting in.

"Hello my little princess." Daddy offered me an ear-splitting grin in return as he opened his arms wide for a hug.

I giggled, snuggling into his warm, fatherly embrace.

"So how has my favorite princess been doing lately, hmmm?" Daddy coughed loudly, muffling it with his large, pale hand.

A frown appeared on my small lips and I lifted my head. He looked terrible. The dark circles under his eyes and creases above his forehead never ceased to exist. But his small, loving smile dimmed down the numerous questions my little brain held.

"Horrible! Daddy, you never come and read me bedtime stories no more. And mommy number two always says you hate me." I twirled the flimsy little strings that hung loose from daddy's shirt. "That's why your sick right? Because of me?" I mumbled quietly.

A finger lifted my chin and daddy's squinted gaze poured into my watery grey eyes.

"Don't you ever dare say that Renée Collins. I could never hate you and you could never be the reason to my sickness." Daddy's stern look morphed into its usual kind one. "Now hand me that book."

Giggles erupted from my mouth as I ran to the other side of the room, grabbing my all time favorite story.

'Cinderella'

I brought the book back over to daddy and cuddled back into my previous position.

"Alright," Daddy's raspy voice rumbled beneath me whilst my head laid atop his chest. "Once upon a time..."

The story started and I shut my eyes, visualizing the whole thing play in my mind. As time passed by, my eyelids drooped, dad's voice drained out of my ears and the sleep started kicking in.

My breathing got heavier-my consciousness faded away and I was so oblivious. I was so completely oblivious to the fact that with each step I took towards the awaiting sleep, Daddy's chest rose even slower, and slower, and slower, and slower...

But right before his heart thumped its last beat, with the few breaths his lungs permitted, Daddy muttered out his last words. The words I'd keep forever within my soul.

"I..love you....princess."

I never forgot those words. The last of Daddy's. And I never knew how life could be so...hard after he passed.

Our house had to be sold because Step-mother couldn't afford it, having to take care of my two step-sisters and me. In the end, we moved into a small, decent apartment within the city's busy downtown vicinity. It could get quite hectic with acrimonious arguments about the latest fad rolling off of people's tongues at times, but it was better than nothing, right?

Well, we had a place to live in, but we weren't getting anywhere with the very limited amount of money that was ebbing away at an imperceptible rate. Yeah, the few thousand dollars Dad harboured in his bank account were flushed down into the craving hands of my step-mother, but it couldn't sustain all four of us for that and earning was still necessary.

However, step-mother had her own techniques:

Sleeping around with wealthy men.

It was uncouthly, but there was only so much I could say. She'd grin like a Cheshire cat, throwing the money she earned--through dirty deeds--in the air.

In situations like those, I'd always yearn for someone's comfort. Someone who could tell me everything was gonna be okay. And thankfully, I did have somebody who stood by me, through the toughest of times.

It was Stacie, the big sister I never had...well actually I did have. Technically we weren't blood related because she was my step-sis, but she'd always duplicated in those gaps when I'd either needed a friend, a sister or just someone who would lend an eager ear to listen to my endless supply of problems.

After Dad died, Stacie was more supportive than ever. We had some special bond that she and her sister, Zella, lacked. I was basically referred to as the maid in our somewhat family. Step-mother and Zella would chuck task after task flying my way, and it'd consume up my whole day just cleaning and scampering rather feral around the apartment.

Stacie would accompany me-help out around the place and cook meals. Step-mother would scold Stacie, demanding an explanation for her actions. Stacie would merely look her way, dragging me out of the scene.

To sum it all up, I loved Stacie. She'd been the rope that had pulled me out of the less garishly lit  and concrete parts of my life. I was allowed to attend school and college all because of her.

Living with them for 15 years wasn't the easiest thing, yet I cared because I knew we were a family.

So, life revved on by along a spew of hours, until numerous days...then months passed by....and then I came to a stomach-churning, jaw clenching, eye-protruding realization. A realization that changed the entire entity of my perspectives and actions.

A realization, where I thought....maybe--just maybe.

My life....resembled a somewhat, sick and twisted fairytale....

Where I...might have been....

The somewhat Cinderella
__________________________________
Hey guys!
It's me again! And I've started a new book!! Well actually I started this thing a long time ago but it was saved on draft and I was contemplating whether or not I should post it, so I've decided and here it is!!!!!
Just to point things out...

-THIS IS NOT-AND I REPEAT-NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER CINDERELLA BASED BOOK! THERE ARE HUGE TWISTS AND MANY EVENTS WILL HAPPEN!

- I've already mentioned a twist in the prologue...wonder if you found it...
-and DO NOT COPY!! THIS IS MY OWN WORK AND IVE COME UP WITH ALL MY OWN IDEAS!

-COPYRIGHTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

So I might not be posting regularly because my other books haven't finished but this shall venture even further...eventually!!!
Thank you

Vote and comment! XD