Chapter 11

Published on: May 14th, 2022.

*********

This feeling of constantly getting watched was way too much, took a sip of cold coffee, and felt the chills with every sip, not because of the iced coffee, but the constant gaze following his every move, making him self-aware, the eyes followed his hands, to his lips, to his gulping throat, consuming his whole self through those eyes, making Mew uncomfortable in his own skin... 

It was happening for the last few months, but since last week, it is like all of sudden, he become the center of attention. 

Khun used to ignore him, his entire existence, whether in college, in club, college, or in their family gatherings, but now, those eyes were following him constantly, he can feel them on him...

Like on this Monday, Khun sat closer, not exactly next to him, but close enough. Casually asked about his hangover. That was the only conversation they had, and the only time had eye contact. But Mew can feel them on him,  judging his gestures. Even when Khun's girl started to talk, his intense gaze followed Mew,  why did he keep on glaring like that? 

He was the first one to pass the tissues helping him out with the soup spillover, this much attention is new, he almost forgets how it feels like, so rushed out with an excuse to clean it off...

On Tuesday, Khun was present at the practice session, pretending to talk to his friends, but his eyes followed Mew, checking him out, definitely. Making Mew more conscious than he really is. Khun didn't initiate talk like last time, no hugs, no pecks, just looking at him. And then he left without uttering a word..

On Wednesday, the whole gang had dinner together. And again, those eyes were fixed on him, it make him uncomfortable, instead of paying attention to his girl, Khun's eyes were on him. Never direct eye contact. No. Subtle, always. Through the peripheral vision. 

Passing the side dishes and other things on his plate, making it casual...Even stopped him from eating the peanut dish. Remembers his allergies..Why??, Didn't he hate him, didn't make it clear not to associate...

And then on Thursday, scolds his own girl, for crossing the limit, asking someone's s*x life.

On their Friday bar night outs, everyone gets served their booze, except Mew. Some fruit punch with zero alcohol, who drinks juices in a bar, come on, not even light wine.. 

When Mew tried to argue, he pouts in response, can you believe, Khun really did pout, puckering his lips out, blinking multiple times, leaving Mew baffled, what in the world is going on..

Then on Saturday's paintball session, Khun keeps on covering over him, Mew is used to protecting others, not getting protected, it seems weird in his every sense, and in all process, they both died within fifteen minutes...

Khun was doing this all without making it noticeable, even Pen didn't pay much attention, but Mew.... he was blending in hurricane with these new things.

All this makes him break his own rule of one-night flings, but hey, they help in getting away from these mounting thoughts,  not a good excuse, but good enough to get eaten up by conscience...

It is not gonna work in long run, he needs a closer, gulped down the remains in one go, walked directly towards Gulf's hiding table, jeeze he thinks a magazine can cover him up, pulling a chair to sit in front of Gulf.

Gulf shoot up his cover all the way up, avoiding any confrontation, his heart was racing faster than horses....

Mew sighed at his poor way of hiding, he knocked on Gulf's side of table, "Follw" with that he started to walk out, Gulf remain rooted, still holding the book for the sake of his life...