Chapter Two

The moment has come and it still feels as unreal as when I first heard about her decision.

"I'm really going to miss you guys," Erika hugs all of us into a group hug.

"We'll miss you too babe," I say, fighting back my tears. We've all been crying for the past hour.

"Baby, it's time to go, we'll be late for our flight." Drew says, scratching the back of his neck, nervously. I know he didn't mean to ruin the moment, but right now I want to punch him for speaking at all.

"Wow way to ruin the moment," Ally chuckles, reading my mind, but I know she tried lightening up the mood. 

He lets out a small laugh, and leaves us to say our final goodbyes.

"Alright, this is it, goodbye guys." Erika waves off, while walking into her boyfriend's car. We all wave and Erika sends us a sad smile.

Once they drive off, we all walk over to Ally's, which is only a few houses down from Erika's. Our walk was completely silent. I didn't know what to say and I figured neither did Kayla nor Ally.

Once we reach Ally's two story house, we walk in and we see her mother in the kitchen.

"Hey Miss. Gomez," I greet Ally's mother. Ally's dad and mom are in a complicated relationship. Her dad works mostly all the time and never spends time with his family. While Ally has her fathers last name Owens, Annabelle, Ally's mother chose to keep her surname.

"Hi Ashley, how are you?" Miss. Gomez greets me back. She looks up at me from her tray of cookies. Her cookies never failed to make me feel better; she can bake. She gives me a warm smile and I return it.

Kayla greets her and we head up to Ally's room after.

We collapse on her white flowered bed. Her walls are light purple and are filled with pictures of all of us together. It seems like those memories were just made yesterday. I spot the photo of the vacation trip we took, our freshman year, at six flags. It was in the summer, and I looked a bit chubby in my shorts and white tee. Erika was darker than all of us, but we were all pretty tan for being in the sun all day that day. Even Kayla, the palest out of all of us, was dark. That summer, her hair turned into a more lighter shade of blonde.

"You know what we should do?" Kayla says, breaking the silence and my thoughts.

"What?" Ally questions, running a brush through her light brown hair.

"We should--" Kayla was interrupted by a vibration in her purse.

"Who is it now?" I ask, smirking already knowing the answer to my own question.

"It is... Troy," She says awkwardly, once she sees the text.

"What did he say now?" Ally asks, picking at her fingernails.

Kayla blushes, looking out the window.

"Kayla.." I say taunting her. Ally and I share a glimpse together and we are both thinking the same thing.

We launch at her, Ally grabs her arms and I grab her phone. Once I access her phone, I look through her recent messages.

"Ashley!! Give it back!" Kayla yells trying to reach me but luckily, Ally's skinny but strong arms keep her in place.

Text from troythesexgod:

Babe I can't wait till I see you in a bikini in a few days.

Once I see the text, I burst out laughing. My laugh seems to echo through the whole room. My eyes are filled with tears. And I don't know what's funnier, the fact that his name is Troy the sex God or the message.