Chapter 1

There he was. Nehemiah Jones. I don't think he remembers me. We have lived across the street from each other since kindergarten and we were best friends. But now, we are juniors and he stopped talking to me freshman year. I don't know why. Nehemiah and I jus stopped talking. No visiting, no texting, no callin, nothing. It's like out friendship never happened.

"Hey there ms. Student body president!" My best friend, Rose Alexia, greeted me. Rose has been by my side since 8th grade, pretty much my partner in crime.

"The election hasn't happened yet," I chuckled,

"Yeah, but you're going against that thing," she pointed at the baseball player, Nehemiah. Rose didn't know about me and him. Well, she did know that he stopped talking about me, but she doesn't know I still miss him. I miss talking to him. I care about him a lot and with him leaving, I was confused and scared. Did I do something? I was empty without him.

I did a weak chuckle, "What makes you so sure Nehemiah will lose?"

"Come on! He's going against Alexandria Chung!" Rose gave me a playful shove.

The bell rung, so time for spanish! The thought if school makes me gag. On my way to class somebody bumped into me, causing my things to scatter all over the ground and my butt attached to the rough concrete surface. I tried not to cry, but the boys behind me kept laughing at me.

They were saying, "Come in 'Miah, let's go or Ms. G will have our asses!"

I put up my hair into a messy ponytail and gathered my fallen items. I jolted up as screamed at their faces, "Watch where you're going or I'll have your asses you little-"

"Alexandria Chung!" I turned around to see Ms. Gonzalez, my Spanish teacher, with her arms folded implying that she is very disappointed in me. I could hear the boys running away as an attempt to flee the scene, "Nehemiah! Burkley! Zander!"

I gasped in embarrassment. I just threatened Nehemiah. I looked down as an attempt to make myself look smaller, possibly disappear, but it didn't work. I was still there.

The guys had stopped running when they heard Ms. G's thundering voice echo through the courtyard. I bowed down to my teacher to show that I have accepted whatever punishment she decides to give me.

"Get up Chung, you look like a weirdo," Burkley smirked. But quickly afterwards I saw my old friend elbow him square in the stomach.

"I am very sorry for my actions Ms. Gonzalez," I finally faced her, "I was out of line and I accept responsibility for my actions."

"Ms. Chung, you know there is no profanity allowed near my room," she patted my shoulder, "therefore punishment shall be detention. All of you."

"Ms. G! We have practice today!" Zander pleaded.

"Mr. Zhu, I hope you know you, along with all the other sports players, are called student athletes! Meaning your school comes first," Zander rolled his eyes, "I'll notify your coach."

The loud Spanish teacher finally walked away and Caleb "Burkley" Adam turned to face me, giving me the death stare.

"Thanks Chung," he spat. Nehemiah purposely bumped into him, causing Burkley to lose his balance balance.

"Sorry Alwxandria," I heard Nehemiah whisper. I looked up, I didn't even know he remembered my name. I started to blush. You see, he used to call me "Chung", that's why a lot of people started to call me by my last name. We used to call each other by our last names.

"It's find," I looked down trying to hide my rosy red cheeks, "Sorry for threatening you Nehemiah," I looked up to see him facing down. I'm so sorry Jones for whatever I did. I'm sorry for making you hate me.