Chapter Twenty-One

🍀🍁☘️🍁🍀

🍀🍁☘️🍁🍀

Wei Wuxian was thankful for many layers and heavy white faux far hooded cape cloak of Gusu-Lan for the night was way too cold.

But with the current situation he found himself into, Wei Wuxian was hot with adrenaline and frantically puddling into the darkness, before more walgs and orcs found them. Wei Ying's worst fear was getting lost in the forest with wargs all around them though he trusted the elves chosen to guard him.

Still, he felt like he was living in a nightmare, not knowing if he would make it through the night or not. He kept going, cause he need to survive for Lan Wangji and every Elf that put their faith in him.

They picked up the pace. Eventually, they found a rhythm and stroke by stroke they laboured on. In the darkness it was hard to be sure that they were indeed moving at all.

He rubbed cold sweat from his forehead. His tears had dried crusty around his eyes. Just then Jiang WanYin vomit. Wei Ying moved closer to rub his back and hold his hair. "They might follow our tracks in the banks," Wei Ying said. His voice sounded loud in the silent night and surprisingly emotionless. He meant to sound hopeful.

Jiang WanYin felt sick again. Lan Zhan and X-Xichen. They'll find us." He stammered in the silent night which was sickening. Wei Wuxian nodded to himself until he heard Jiang WanYin's breath calming down, one exhale at a time.

For a moment, he closed his eyes and listened to the silence of the woods.

*****

The elf lord could no longer feel his Wei Ying presence which was a good sign for the time being with how crazy the sitiation had turn out to be. Into a corner, he watched as Xiao XingChen and Jin GuangYao at the other far end exchanging blow with their blade and their enemies. But all he could think of was his dear wife.

Where was he? Did he manage to escape with guard he assign for him? Did walgs capture him? The Elf Lord hoped with all his heart that Wei Ying wasn't by himself, lost and cold and panicking in the dark woods. Wei Wuxian was a warrior by nature. But hated to think about how frightened his mate would feel. Lan Wangji was used to seeing wargs, orcs, the Uruks-hai ear, tooth, arrows and swords into each other. But his Wei Ying, his sweet bride had never experience such a fierce fight with those creatures.

He had no trouble sinking bichen into his enemy but he doubt if his human mate would even have the courage to even throw a rock into one of them.

HanGuang-Jun stood tall with his mighty aura with his ferocious looking scrow and his sword ready to strike to whomever unlucky bastard that would dare pass infront of him and the dark creatures knew better. He watched the chaos unfold before him.