part 1 of 1

When you go to high school there is more peer pressure than ever. There are many different things that get pushed on you to list a few there is drugs, alcohol, sex, getting a girl/boyfriend, goofing off during class, and making fun of other peers or teachers. with all of this pressure to do all these along with learning how to drive, schoolwork, homework, social media, putting up with cyber bullying and hanging with friends high schoolers have more to worry about than ever. there are two levels of peer pressure high and low. high level pressures are things like drugs, alcohol, and sex these are things that can mess up your life dramatically. low level pressures are things like getting a girl/boyfriend, goofing off during class, and making fun of other peers or teachers this things won't necessarily mess up your life but they can mess up others. an example of a low level pressure messing up someone else's life is when you are making fun the way someone looks. it could cause them to start cutting and have a low self esteem. if they are getting made fun of all the time it there is a high possibility that they will commit suicide. this is why it can be just as dangerous to give into low level peer pressure as it would be to give into high level peer pressure.how can we fix this problem? it is hard to fix the problem of peer pressure but i would say the best way to stop it would be to not spread it and if you see someone being picked on or having a problem with peer pressure encourage them and be their friend.