Chapter 6: Tangled

Dream had left a while ago and Tommy and Chat had just been relaxing and reading by the kitchen.

That's when they hear it. The sound of the window opening which is weird since Dream usually has Tommy pull him in with the rope so he grabbed the first thing he could. A frying pan.

Tommy headed towards the window and saw a brunette standing there. He said something to the satchel he was carrying and that's when Tommy took action.

He snuck up behind the brunette and...

*BANG*

He was out like a light.

"Eep." Tommy ran and hid.

Chat went up to the brunette and moved a few stray hairs from his face.

Tommy moved closer to the boy. He used the end of the frying pan to see if the brunette had pointy teeth like his brother said.

"Chat he doesn't have sharp teeth." Tommy turned to his friend.

"Ugh." The boy started waking scaring Tommy. *BANG* Tommy knocked him out again.

Tommy quickly went to hide the brunette in case his brother came home. After a few struggles of slamming him in the closet, covering him with blankets and trying to stuff the brunette in the couch, he was finally able to get the brunette in his closet, the first thing he tried.

"I've got a person in my closet- I've got a person in my closet, is that weird Chat." Tommy said to the crow.

"Wait- HA! Can't handle myself out there brother, well let's ask the frying pan-" Tommy got cut off hitting himself with the frying pan.

"Ow- oh what's that." Tommy headed towards the brunettes satchel.

"What's this Chat???" Tommy asked taking out what he thinks is a crown???

Tommy puts it on his head.

"Look Chat. I look like Rapunzel but male." Tommy said smiling brightly. Chat cawed in agreement.

"Tommy I'm back!" Tommy heard dream yell up.

"Oh no." Tommy started rushing around hiding the crown in the satchel and hiding the satchel in a pot he had made in the past.

"Coming." Tommy yelled back grabbing the rope and pulling Dream up.

"I have a surprise for you Tommy." Dream said sounding excited.

"So do I." Tommy responded continuing to pull.

"I bet my surprise is bigger." Dream said definitely excited.

"I seriously doubt that." Tommy muttered to himself.

"I brought back golden apples," Dream said coming in through the window. "I'm gonna make golden apple pie for dessert. Surprise. I know it's your favorite." Dream continued excited.

"Well brother theirs something I wanna tell you." Tommy started.

"Oh Tommy you know how I hate leaving you after a fight." Dream started. "Even when I've done nothing wrong." Dream said moving to put his knapsack down to get out the apples.

"Ok I was thinking a lot about what you said earlier-" Tommy said getting cut off by Dream.

"I hope your not talking about the stars." Dream said turning to Tommy.

"Floating lights and I'm gonna get there-" Tommy said nearing the closet.

"I really thought we were over that topic after talking it through." Dream said not looking back.

"No I know I'm just saying, you think I can't handle myself out there-" Tommy tried again.

"Oh Tommy I know you're not able to handle yourself out there." Dream said finally turning to Tommy.

"But if you'd just-" Tommy tried not realizing he was making Dream mad.

"Tommy conversation over." Dream said teeth clenched.

"Brother trust me I know what I'm talking about." Tommy said putting his hand on the closet door.

"ENOUGH WITH THE LIGHTS TOMMY YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS TOWER EVER!!" Dream said finally loosing his cool.

Tommy stopped dead in his tracks surprised by his brothers out burst.

"Great now I'm the bad guy." Dream said sitting down.

"I just want to tell you I know what I want for my birthday." Tommy said quietly.

"And what would that be??" Dream asked turning to Tommy.

"The paint, the ones from the shells you got at the SMP." Tommy said looking at the paint he had almost used up.

"That is a very long trip Tommy, three days time there and back." Dream said. "I'll be missing your birthday." He said making sure Tommy knew what would happen.

"I know but I just thought it'd be better than the stars." Tommy said looking at Dream.

"You're sure you'll be alright on your own." Dream asked getting up and holding Tommy's hands.

"I know I'll be alright as long as I stay here." Tommy said squeezing Dreams hands.

A few minutes later Tommy was finishing packing Dreams knapsack.

"I'll be back in three days time." Dream said grabbing the knapsack and heading out the window.

"I love you Tommy remember that." Dream said starting down the rope.

"I love you too." Tommy said watching him leave.