Fill me with Hydrogen and Helium and we can be above with the stars.

On the ride back I couldn't help but contemplate getting a haircut. It was slightly hard to give my undivided attention to keeping the car on the road when majority of my sight is consumed with wispy blonde hair. Yet, I didn't want to waste an excessive amount of money on hair either. Maybe I could just do it myself. How hard could cutting hair be?

          My thoughts were drained out by the sound of water hitting the roof of my car. The sound of rain was so soothing, and was such a stress reliever. It always reminded me of Tyler. She would always talk about how rainy days are by far the best days. She could go on and on about how the rain felt, and how it sounded, even how it smelt. I didn't even know that rain had a distinct smell to it, but I guess Tyler was always one to observe everything.

          I could almost picture her in the back of my mind. Sitting in her bed that was way too large for her body, but that was just the way that she liked it. I could faintly see her deep purple blanket covering her body, with the exception of her arms. She always had her arms vaguely peeking out so she could hold her favorite book. Now it's just like rain and books go together like peanut butter and jelly.

          The image slowly faded and I eased back into reality. Although in the corner of my eye I could see dots of purple appear then disappear. All of a sudden I craved a book in my hands. I wanted to read and be able to smell that new book smell. It was my favorite kind of scent after all. She always had that smell on her considering there was a book in her arms all the time. She would always rant on and on about how you never know when you're going to need a book. It was adorable to watch the way her nose would crinkle up when she talked about the things she cared about; when she talked about me. Yet, then again not all good things are destined to last. Although, that doesn't mean you still can't enjoy them.

          The drive back to Avyn's house seemed shorter than the drive to the carnival did. Maybe the anticipation and excitement for the carnival made the drive there a complete drag. Time drags like that when you're bored I guess. But why did the time fly thinking about Tyler? Thoughts about her were great, but missing her was a drag. Now time is irrelevant and I'm depressed.

          "Zach?"

          I guess I was sitting there longer than I thought caught up in my thoughts once again. Bad habits die hard.

          "What?" I kept my eyes on the road even though we stopped and we were sitting outside of Avyn's house. I didn't exactly feel up to par to put effort into a conversation at the moment.

          "I'm going to go inside." Her voice trailed off into silence, and I'm pretty sure that I nodded my head. My eyes continued to stay glued at the same spot. With a gust of cool air hitting the side of body I realized that Avyn left. Yet, I still couldn't bring it in me to look. So I did what any other idiot would do, and I drove off.

(Avyn's POV)

          I hugged my arms around me and continued to walk towards the dark door that's so familiar. The drive back was silent, and not the comfortable kind I was oh so used to at this point. One minute Zach's facial expression was happy, and then sad the next. It was like his thoughts were consuming him. It kind of reminded me of something... It reminded me of myself.