Facing Fears and The Cotton Candy Man.

(Avyn’s POV)

          I could feel strands of my hair whip around on my shoulders, and the back of my ears due to the rides going on a continuous loop. Joyous laughter and screams filled my ears, and I felt happy. There was so much color around me, and it looks ten times better since I’m always cooped up in a house that’s black and grey.

          The smell of metal and cotton candy hung in the air and filled my nostrils. I felt like running around like a child, even though I would look like an extremely happy drunk. All the life that was around me was exhilarating, and I could practically feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

          “Zach, thank you so much. I owe you my life. I love you I love you I love you!” I jumped up and down while clapping my hands.

          “Okay, my little exaggerator.” He chuckled and tapped my head like I was a child.

          “What would I ever do without you?” I looked right into his eyes, and smiled. I smiled one big, huge, cheesy smile.

          “Well, you would have to hold your own hair when you’re sick, and you would not be sleeping on dirt, and you wouldn’t have found out about the best diner ever, and-”

          “Okay, okay I got it. I wasn’t asking for a list silly.”

          “I am not silly, thank you. I am simply just a person who states facts when they are asked for.” He winked at me and shrugged.

          “I totally did no-”

          “But you totally did. Now shush and enjoy.” He motioned his arm towards all the rides, and games.

          “Fine, I’ll let you have it this time. But only under one exception!”

          “What would that be exactly?”

          “Get me cotton candy. Please, I’ll love you for forever and ever!” I pulled out my best puppy dog face, and stretched the ‘r’ in forever.

          “How can I say no to that face?” He poked my nose with his finger, and started to walk towards the cotton candy stand.

          I heard him talking to the man behind the counter as I walked up beside him. The man kept looking at me as I stood there cowardly next to Zach. Was there something on my face, or in my hair? All night Zach has been telling me how amazing I look, but I’m still a little on edge.

          “What color Avyn?”

          “Um, I’ll just have pink please.” I squeaked it out, and I think it was the quietest I had been all night so far. Even Zach looked surprised at my sudden shyness.