━ prolouge.

"i'm sorry

"i'm sorry." he repeated. his grip on your jacket tightened as the trembled below you. he looked up at you, his eyes wide and glossy.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." he kept repeating, bowing his head again. "every night, i saw you. the look on your face that day. how that look was directed at me."

"i'm a monster. if anyone's a devil here, it's me. i don't expect you to forgive me. just please, don't hate me. i don't know what i'd do with myself knowing you hate me."

you gently wrapped your arms around his neck, resting your chin on his shoulder. he jumped, looking up, confused.

"i should hate you." you frowned, closing your eyes. "i should never want to see you again."

"but, every night, i dreamt about you coming back. when i woke up, i prayed it was all just a dream, and you'd be waiting in the mess hall to eat with me."

"i've done unforgivable things. i've killed people, children. i've done just as much as you have. i have no right to hate you for what you've done."

his head lowered once again, his arms tightly wrapping around your lower torso.

"i missed you, reiner."

━ heartbreaker.
reiner braun x fem!reader

in which he stole your heart and left, just like that.

contains spoilers for aot s1-4, follows the aot plotline.

aot + characters belong to hajime isayama.