Chapter 1

Y/N pov.

Gently the wind blew through my hair as I left the house. It was early June and it was getting warmer. I love the summer! Actually, there is no more beautiful season, okay maybe the spring could face the warmest season but also only because of the beautiful cherry blossoms hanging on the trees and decorated our street. I had to go to work although I would have avoided that with the beautiful weather what awaits us today. I work in a café that was located directly on the main road that led through the city.

The white summer dress I was wearing accentuated my body well, although I don't look like a supermodel. I put my headphones in my ear and listened to the music. The piano played soft tones and I swayed slightly back and forth. Finally I had reached the café, put my things in the changing room and put on my apron. Actually, I wanted to run my own hotel. On the edge of the city, because there was a beautiful beach. I even knew what I would call it: "Hotel del Luna".

But all that was just a dream. For my own hotel I need money and that's exactly what I'm saving up to fulfill this dream. Then I went to the first table where a young man sat, engrossed in his book. Economy... he seems to be studying. When I finally reached the table, he looked up and smiled.

"Hello, I would like an Americano".

I nodded, took out my writing pad and reached into my pocket where my pen normally was. However, it was not to be found. I immediately thought of my friend Leonie, who also worked here. She always took my things and never gave them back.

"Excuse me, I'll just get a pen."

"Oh, that's not necessary."

He smiled again and handed me a pen. I accepted it gratefully and quickly wrote down my order before handing the pen back to him and going back to my order.

_____________________________________________________________________________

/later that day/

Carter pov. 

I sat at my desk and took a deep breath. As an alpha, there were many tasks that I had to complete. I would rather be looking for my mate right now. Each werewolf finds his Mate with scarcely 18 years. I am 23 and have my so said soul mate still not found. I have already listened to many stories from my friends, as they have found their Mate. They saw each other, they fell into each other's arms and kissed each other. How I was looking forward to that. When my Betha and his mate came in, I was torn from my thoughts.

"Carter?"

"What ?"

"Um, could you take over training the younger pack members?"

I looked to the Betha which was by the way one of my best friends and listened to the name Mäx, his Mate was still quite young, scarcely 7 years younger. Large age differences are normal here, but that would be disturbing for others. She was the one who now stepped forward and asked me to take over the training.

"Kate, I have more important things to do."

I looked down at the paper in front of me.

"Mäx, give me your pen."

I took the pen and was about to sign when my eyes widened and I smelled the pen.

"Who else had this today besides me?"

"I was in the café on the corner today and lent the waitress my pen. Why?"

"It's my mate's scent."