Chapter 2

"Are you sure about that ?"

I did not understand the question. Yes, I am one hundred percent sure.

"I'm sure I'll recognize my mate's smell."

He nodded slightly and went to the window. I watched him go while Kate stood there, having no idea what she could add to the conversation.

"I want to see her !"

"Carter there's just one problem..."

"And that would be?"

I hated the silence that was spreading in the room. I kept looking back and forth between the pen and Mäx. She smells good... I even smelled a subtle cherry scent. Is that her perfume ? If so, she has good taste. Mäx cleared his throat and my head went to him.

"Well... she's human."

Yes, it was possible that the partner of a werewolf had a human as a mate, but this was very rare and difficult. For humans, this world was non-existent here. I let myself fall on my chair to think.

"And how should I contact her now?" I asked myself.

Kate took another step forward, some of her copper-red strands falling over her shoulder.

"How about Mäx continues to go to the café, befriends her, and then introduces you to her?"

So in general I didn't think the idea was wrong but I don't want Mäx to be near my mate.

"Can't you do that? You women understand each other quickly very well."

Although the term 'woman' didn't apply to Kate at 15, she was proud that I had at least referred to her as one. Actually, I was just generalizing. She beamed happily and nodded. Then my gaze fell on a scar on her neck. My gaze wandered to her eyes, then to the scar and then to Mäx.

"Finally..."

Kate blushed at these words and Mäx smiled proudly.

"You'll get your chance with your mate too."

We all laughed and discussed details of the plan. I couldn't wait to hold my soul mate in my arms.

____________________

Y/N pov.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally arrived home. As soon as I opened the door, Nick fell around my neck.

"There you are finally! I ordered pizza with mushrooms and extra cheese just the way you love it!"

He was all excited. Usually he only orders pizza when he has something to say, like he had a hot night with some guy.

Yes, Nick is gay and that's probably one reason why we are such good friends. Nick understands me and he has good taste in fashion.

I sit down on the sofa in front of a glass table with delicious smelling pizza. Next to it my drawing pad and a pencil. In this book are all the ideas for the hotel: Design, cost and size of the hotel.

Nick sat next to me with 2 glasses of wine in his hand.

"So tell me."

I smiled curiously at what he had to say.

"Well ... I have a boyfriend."

We squealed out and I hugged him.

"That's fantastic Nick. I'm so happy for you !!! Tell me how is he ????"

Instead of answering me he just shook his head.

"You'll find out soon enough. But what I can tell you is that he is so sexy and we have also already..."

I interrupted him before he could talk further.

"Stop stop ... I don't want to hear your bedstories."

We laughed and like every evening I told Nick about the stressful customers and  about new ideas for the hotel.

After some time his phone rang and my roommate said goodbye and stumbled into his room. I stayed  on the couch Dreaming about my hotel and making notes. The clock on the wall showed that it was already 2 o'clock at night and I was getting tired. I looked out through the window into the black night. For a moment, the blood froze in my veins as I spotted two red eyes coming out of the bushes across the street. I blinked and when I opened my eyes, they were gone.

"God, I'm starting to hallucinate already."

With this statement, I turned off the light in the living room and went to my room. I lay down in my bed and looked at the white wall. I could not shake off the feeling that I was being watched.

However, I was too tired to think about it. After a few minutes I closed my eyes and drifted into the land of dreams.