The Spade Kingdom

Nine months had passed after both the dowager Queen, the Jack and the King received a mysterious visit.

After that, and thankfully with a change of heart by the King, he had married Prince Toris from the Club Kingdom around three months ago, after six months of some intense  planning. It had been quite a happy marriage, despite the nervousness from both spouses.

"Hello, dear. How are you studies going?" Alfred put his hand on Toris' shoulder, who immediately froze up as he felt his husband's hand.

"I'm sorry, my king..."the prince mumbled. Once a brave warrior, some circumstances in his life had left him quite nervous at any sudden touch "I'm not sure I understand the constitution " he apologized.

King Alfred looked quite worryingly at him
"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you" it was better to say so clearly, it seemed that while king Ivan wasn't a murderer, he still wasn't quite a saint: when Toris first arrived, it was clear he was using some make up to hide a bruise on his eye.

Every time King Alfred moved too fast or in a way that could be perceived as angry, the future Queen would flinch. It was definitely something that worried the young king.

As such, Prince Toris was still expecting a beating, despite his husband having being gentle from the start. His cousin, the king of clubs, would often harshly reprimand him for less than that. "I-know, my king " but he still doubted his husband's word.

Alfred softly kissed his cheek "it's very late and you've been reading the constitution for hours, maybe you should go to sleep" he suggested, the last thing he wanted was his future Queen to feel tired.

"But I should keep going until I understand "prince Toris tried to insist. He had to learn it soon

"It took me years to get it, don't tire yourself " King Alfred insisted as he carefully picked his husband and carried him in a bridal style. Toris chuckled a bit, his husband could have some slightly interesting ideas.

Alfred carefully laid him on their shared bed. They hadn't consummated their marriage yet: both would wait until they felt comfortable with each other . It was pretty recent that they even shared the bed as well, the King having insisted to sleep on the couch to allow the prince to have the bed.

"Are you going to sleep as well, my king?" Prince Toris asked as he yawned a bit: he was indeed very tired.

"Oh not yet, I think I'm going to have some fresh air first " king Alfred answered before stepping outside.

It was a good marriage, if he was honest. Toris was a good husband, and was making an effort to make sure he could be a good Queen.

"Congratulations on your marriage, your majesty " a voice spoke, and king Alfred was just as taken as back as he was the first time.

"Oh, it's you " King Alfred wouldn't have forgotten the appearance of the stranger: he had the blackest hair and the blackest eyes he had ever seen. (Not to mention he was wearing the same clothes ) "thank you..."

"I see you changed your mind about marrying into the Club Kindgdom " The stranger smirked "finally some sense got thought that brain of yours "

Alfred chuckled "Toris is very nice...and quite cute as well " he felt comfortable speaking to the stranger.

"And why haven't you two..." of course he knew about that.

King Alfred blushed, maybe not that comfortable "uhhh well we barley know each other, and neither of us feel that comfortable yet. I don't even know how to do it I'm in honest " hey, just because he was also into men didn't mean he knew how to do that stuff.