Chapter 3

three.

Yujin yanks her hood over her head as she stalks down the hotel hallway, annoyed at herself for not bringing anything to cover her face. She wonders how she could walk when her mind was spinning and her brain was pounding. She's astonished at how she could be so cruel to Wonyoung and thinks about how they're falling apart — no, they already have and Yujin just made it worse by running to Wonyoung last night.

She feels her knees buckle and she almost falls over, luckily, she was able to lean on the wall. She knows she can't drive like this, let alone go home. So she grabs her phone from her back pocket, ignores the missed calls from her bandmates, and quickly dials Yuna's number, fingers digging into her temple.

"Yujin, where the hell are you?" Yujin hears Yuna sigh in relief.

"Yuna, I did something stupid," she says breathlessly.

"What? What do you mean?" Yuna replies in a panicked tone. Yujin shuts her eyes, doing her best not to puke on the floor of the Four Seasons.

"I just. Fuck. Pick me up, Yuna. Please. I can't drive like this."

"Jesus, Yujin. Where are you?"

"At the Four Seasons." Yujin answers, words slurring more than she liked. At the Four Seasons, where Wonyoung is staying. At the Four Seasons, making things much worse than they already were.

"Four Seasons? What the hell are yo —" Yuna stops, the realization hitting her square on the face. "—oh. Damn it. I'm on my way."

--

"This looks familiar." Yuna notes when she arrives and sees Yujin sitting on the floor, head between her arms. Her best friend looks up, eyes looking tired and bloodshot.

"Please don't be mean to me, I have a headache." Yujin whines, lips on a pout.

"You wound me. I'm never mean." Yuna chuckles, extending her hand. Yujin gladly takes it, grateful for the arrival of support, and gets off the floor. She stumbles a little but thankfully Yuna's holding her tight so she does not fall.

"Lies." Yujin retorts, half-praying she won't vomit and half-praying Yuna won't bring up the giant elephant in the room.

"So," Yuna begins as they walk to the elevator and Yujin kicks herself inwardly for jinxing it, "mind telling what the hell happened last night?"

"Nope." Yujin says, voice firm and lips pursed.

Yuna sighs, looking at Yujin seriously before she presses the G on the elevator, "Yujin."

Yujin rolls her eyes and instantly regrets it because it made her feel woozy even more, relenting. She knows she doesn't stand a chance at lying to Yuna because based on last night's events, apparently she's a terrible liar.

"Fine," she sighs, "I slept with Wonyoung."

Yuna pinches the bridge of her nose, "Yujin, oh my god."

"I called her and when I got here, it, uh, it just happened. I don't know what came over me," she says. This makes Yuna shoot her an incredulous look before they're interrupted by the ding of the elevator arriving.

"What do you mean it just happened. You called her, you drove here. That doesn't just happen, Yujin. You deliberately decided to make things worse." Yuna hisses, frustrated.

"I know, Yuna. I am well aware of how much I fucked up, okay? I don't need you rubbing it in my face even more." Yujin fires back sharply, tears forming in her eyes.

Yuna shakes her head and doesn't speak, she looks away from Yujin and stares at their reflection on the shiny elevator doors. The raven haired girl beside her shuts her eyes and breathes in and out.