Chapter 7

seven.

Now

Yujin and Wonyoung arrive at the club together, completely aware of what their friends had done and what exactly their goal was. Behind the clear glass walls of the VIP room, they spy the rest of the band, talking and eating, obviously unaware that the pair had arrived.

"Wonyoung," Yujin whispers, grabbing Wonyoung's hand and pulling her back from view. Wonyoung blinks and pushes her brows together in confusion, trying to ignore the fact that Yujin was holding her hand and the fact their faces are close enough for their noses to almost touch. "What's wrong?" Wonyoung whispers back.

"Don't tell them their plan worked," she warns seriously.

Wonyoung giggles, "I won't, I already promised you." She looks over to the where their friends are and adds, "Let's go?"

Yujin nods once, moving away, "Alright."

Wonyoung waits for the feeling of emptiness on her hand, waits for the moment that Yujin lets go and they go back to acting like they aren't the least bit amicable, like they didn't just spend almost the whole day together. But the moment doesn't come, Wonyoung doesn't know if Yujin somehow forgot that they're holding hands or if she actually doesn't mind. Nevertheless, Yujin doesn't let go, so Wonyoung doesn't either.

Yujin leads them to the room, dodging servers with trays and a bunch of other customers. Yuna sees them, Yujin rolls her eyes at her best friend's not so subtle attempt at nudging Gaeul in the arm secretly. Yuna loudly clears her throat when the pair reaches the huge mahogany table.

"Hey!" she greets, "You guys came together! Sorry I couldn't catch up with you earlier."

Gaeul gives them an apologetic smile. "Sorry I couldn't either."

Wonyoung laughs dryly, "You're the worst actress ever, Unnie."

"You too, Shin Yuna." Yujin adds, glaring at her. There's not heat to it though, she knows they had good intentions.

The girls in question immediately scramble to don an innocent expression. "What do you mean?!" Yuna asks, voice an octave higher. Yujin and Wonyoung exchange a look, seemingly having one of their telepathic conversations and agreeing to mess with them.

"Oh, you know what you did." Wonyoung replies dismissively, smiling smugly as she turns her eyes back to them, clearly enjoying teasing their friends, "Your plan sucked."

"We hate to break it to you but we're still getting divorced." Yujin says smoothly, "You guys failed." Wonyoung's smile falls slowly upon hearing the statement.

Well, you don't have to rub it in, Yujin, she finds herself wanting to say. Suddenly, Yujin's hand feels heavy in her own, like she's carrying a heavy chain and not holding the hand of the person she loves the most. She's suddenly unable to speak, the air of playfulness in her has completely vanished.

Yuna scoffs, there's a pout on her lips, "Well, I'm not sorry. Everyone was in it."

Yujin raises an eyebrow, "I can't believe you. Even Leeseo?"

The youngest rolls her eyes. "Yeah. Everyone was in it."

"Unbelievable." Yujin mutters.

"What is unbelievable is you guys pretending it didn't work." Leeseo replies in disbelief.

"We aren't pretending." Yujin argues.

Leeseo smiles, "Yeah right. Considering you guys came here together holding hands I might add, it's safe to say our plan worked a little."