|33| The possesion

"Come on, you should sleep

"Come on, you should sleep." I say softly after a few minutes of us just staring at each other.

He just nods and I take his hand to bring him up to the room. Sitting him over the bed I take a towel and soak it to clean him off.  I gently remove his clothes and get him to lay over the bed. Putting the silk sheets over his bare body.

"If you need anything just call for me." I go to get up but he stops me.

He doesn't have to say anything for me to understand what he needs. I move to his wardrobe and take one of his white shirts getting rid of my bloody clothes.

I get on the bed and lay beside him, our bodies a few inches away. His tired green eyes focused on mine.

"I fucked up." He finally speaks lowly.

"You couldn't have known." I try to reassure him.

"It was a suicide mission, I shouldn't have go there." His voice full of regret. "Now they are dead, leaving families behind."

"It's not your fault, you had no other way." I take his hand.

"Rick, is he okay? He took that bullet for me." He asks scared to know the answer.

"He is fine, Carlos is looking out for him." I smile slightly and notice his face relaxing a bit.

"I shouldn't have treated you how I did today or this last few weeks." He grips my hand tighter. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologise, it was me who hurt you." I give him a comforting nod.

"I shouldn't have done it anyway." He repeats lowering his head.

"I understood why you were doing it and I knew you were still looking out for me." I make him look back at me. "Don't blame yourself anymore."

He nods and moves me closer putting his arms around my body and his head over my chest. I stroke his hair in soft movements trying to soothe him.

"Sleep, it's okay." I make sure he knows he also deserves a break.

"Don't go." He mutters.

"I won't, I promise." I keep stroking his hair until we both eventually fall asleep.

I wake up with a soft knock on the door.

"It's me." Carlos says lowly opening the door. "I'm sorry but I think you should check on Rick, he says the pain is unbearable." He looks at Matteo still sleeping over my chest.

"I promised I wouldn't leave him." I look towards Matteo.

"Just explain what I should do then." He replies with an understanding smile.

"It's ok, go." Matteo's sleepy voice make us both look at him.

"I will be back in a second okay." I whisper and he nods letting me get up.