5: Prank Gone Wrong

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"Chanyeol" Katelyn mumbled.

"A-ah. Mian. Ehe." I said as I smiled nervously. I stood up.

"You have a fever." I said as I laid the wet towel on Kate's forehead.

"When will your parents come home?" She asked.

"Next month. Before we graduate." I said. She nodded. I went out of the room and got a bowl of warm water and went back to my bedroom. I looked at her and she started shaking. I walked to the bed faster and put the bowl on the floor. I went to my closet and got two blankets and covered Katelyn's body.

"괜찮아? (Are you okay?)" I asked.

"네. 괜찮아. (Yes. I'm okay.)" She replied.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"5." I answered.

"I'll go home now. I might be disturbing to you. Sorry." She apologized as she tried to stand up.

"No. Stay here. I'll make soup." I said as she laid down again.

"Okay. My mom will come home late after all." She said. I went to the kitchen to make soup for Katelyn. After making soup, I looked behind and I saw Kate sitting on the chair waiting for me.

"Why are you here? You should've waited for me upstairs." I asked.

"No. I'm okay here." She replied. I put the bowl of soup and the spoon on the dining table.

Katelyn's P.O.V.

I was about to get the spoon but I felt pain in my head.

"Ouch!" I yelled as I put my hand on my head.

"오. 괜찮아? (Oh. Are you okay?)" He asked. I nodded.

"Yah! You really should've stayed in the bedroom. Lie down on the couch." He said as he helped me go to the living room and I laid down on the couch. Chanyeol went to the dining room and get the spoon and the bowl of soup. He went back to the living room.

"I'll feed you." He said as he got a chair and sat on it.

"Ani! I'll eat by myse-"

"No. Let me feed you. Don't be stubborn." He cut me off.

"Fine." I said.

"Say aaah!" He said as I opened my mouth and he fed me. After feeding me, we started talking. I sat up.

"Aren't you babying me?" I asked.

"Tch. It's for your health. You have a fever so I'll take care of you." He replied.

"You're not my appa!" I said but I remember that I don't even have a father. A tear escaped from my eye and realized that I'm crying.

"K-Katelyn. Why are you crying? Did I do anything wrong? I'm sorry." He apoligized.

"No. It's not you. I just realized that.. I don't have a father." I said as he looked shocked with what I said. I cried harder and he hugged me. I kept crying and just buried my head to his chest.

"You don't have an appa? It's okay. I'll be here for you." You stopped crying and he let you go.

"Do you know who's your dad?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Ah. I'm sorry to hear that." He said.

"It's okay." I replied. He took care of me for a while. After that he touched my forehead.

"You're better now." He said.

"You'll be a great father." I said.

"진짜? 왜? (Really? Why?)" He asked.

"You would take good care of your future kids."I said. He laughed.

"I guess so." He said as he looked down and blushed. Omoo! You're blushing.

"Yeol, you're blushing." I said. He looked up.

"Huh? Me?" He asked.

"Yeah. Your cheeks and your ears are so red." I said as I giggled.

"Yah! Anyways, I'll drive you home."

Drive? He has a car?

"Yes. I have a car." He said. Did he just read my mind?

"No. I didn't read your mind. You're face is just showing it. Let's go." He said. I got my bag and we went out of his house and went to his car. He sat on the driver's seat while I in the passenger's seat. He checked his phone first.

"Ah. Suho said that the school website has been deleted because it has too many rumors. And it was Sunny's fault for the rumors. And the website is not officially the school's." He said.

"Good. They wouldn't think that we're together." I said.

"But we're together." He said. I was left dumbfounded.

"Ah. No. I mean we're together but we're not together. Wait. We're together but-"

"Yeah. I get what you mean. Let's go. It's already 7." I said with a giggle. He started driving. We talked about stuff.

"We're here. Bye. See you tomorrow." He said.

"Bye, take care." I replied and went out of his car with my bag and went inside.

The Next Day

I woke up in the morning smelling bacon. I love bacon! I immediately went downstairs and saw omma in the dining room sitting on a chair.

"Good morning, Katelyn!" She said.

"Good morning! Smells good!" I said.

"Uhh.. From now on, I'll come home at 10." Omma said.

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"Sorry. You don't need to know." She answered. I nodded. What's wrong?

I took a bite. It tastes sooooo yummy! (A/N: I'm saying this because I'm hungry. Lol) After eating breakfast, I got ready for school and went out of the house and waited for Jinha. I received a text message and it was from Jinha.

From: Jinha

I will be absent today. I'm sick. Sorry for making you wait.

She'll be absent today so I will be going to school by myself. I started walking to school. I heard a deep voice calling me from behind. It was Chanyeol.

"Katelyn!" He shouted.

"Ah. Chanyeol! Hey!" I replied.

"Let's walk together." He said. I nodded. He put his arm on my shoulder and walked to school. We arrived at the classroom and his arm is still on my shoulder. The whole class looked at us with full silence and the girls were just glaring at me. I just looked down and Chanyeol broke the silence.

"Hey. What are you looking at? We're just friends. So don't be jealous." He said. Everyone got back to their business.

"It's okay. Don't mind them." He said. I nodded. Seonsaengnim came and started the lessons. After hours of teaching, the bell rang.

"Kate!" He called.

"Mhm?" I replied.

"Kate, let's go to the cafeteria together." Chanyeol said like he's in a hurry. What happened to him?

"Sure." I said. He looked nervous we walked to the cafeteria. When we were almost there (since I was walking ahead of him), he walked ahead me and when we reached the cafeteria's entrance, a bucket of water poured on him. I saw Taeyeon holding a rope and whispered...

"No way. Not my Chanyeol..."

...

Hello readers! Thanks for reading this fanfic until now! I hope you liked this chapter! I also hope that you'll read this fanfic until the end! Komawo!