Chapter 4

Transmission 3 - 12-27-2145

Okay, I gotta talk to someone about this... I know I'm not supposed to but... wait 'til you hear this. The Underground Attic isn't just a hacking group. They're activists. When they want something to happen, they make it happen. And they're teaching me how to do it!

Get this. A few days ago, the Blue Light City representatives proposed a law saying that corporations could hold an unlimited number of Pokémon as if they were people. The average person can only hold like what... 2? Obviously, it's about making money off Pokémon stock.

The attic didn't like that so we sent over a dozen politicians' dirt that they don't want anyone to know... like career-ending stuff. We told them if they voted the law in? We'd release it. The next day they voted their own proposition down! I was a part of that! How crazy is that!

I'm not supposed to talk about any of this to anyone. Not even to you. But I'm upping your encryption right now, so don't worry... we won't get caught. *chuckle* Talk later!

The crowd roared, a ravenous beckoning that in effect, either galvanized or panicked those who had come with the intention to show their might tonight

The crowd roared, a ravenous beckoning that in effect, either galvanized or panicked those who had come with the intention to show their might tonight. Unlike the official Pokémon League with its rigid rules and tests, trainers in venues like this one did not have to qualify, nor did their Pokémon have to be subjected to the physical, mental, and pseudo-arcanic testing that determined their "level," so to speak.

In places like the Eon Flux, anyone could battle with any Pokémon and the best of them were often called "Zero Trainers." Some of them reached similar levels of fame as some the official masters, albeit without the lucrative benefits of sponsorships and funding. Although, they could still submit their Pokémon for stock options that could generate interest... just not at the same levels as league mons.

Iono remained standing in front of the crowd, smile wide and giddy, eyes gleaming with expectation. As always, the potential contenders feigned apprehension. In reality, they reveled in the growing anticipation. No one wanted to appear to be too anxious. "Come on Zeros! I know you aren't shyyyy are you?" she said, teasing any who wanted to make a move, but were simply too afraid to.

Finally, A small woman with dark hair and equally dark make-up stepped forward. She wore a confident smirk on the lips of a piercing-speckled face. Behind her, the Incineroar that had blocked Trev's path earlier followed on hind legs.

Black and gold piercings lined its ears in rows and similar jewelry adorned its fingers and wrists. Even its tail had rings around it, giving him the visage of a feline warrior king of sorts. He stalked forward and then lowered into quadruped footing. The dark mane of hair on its head and neck seemed to sprout upwards as he crouched in the battle stance that dared any challengers to step forward.

Iono gave the girl a smile of recognition before addressing the audience again "You know my rules! One 'mon against another. The fight's over when I say it's over... or when one of the combatants is dead." She grinned, broad and sinister. "But don't worry. I call them before it comes to that... usually."