back on it- dustin lynch

'God dammit!'  I yelled. My ex girlfriend- Katilyn, had left me with a hole in my heart. I am never going to love again. I know there is another girl out there. I'm not ready. I'm not ready to fall into the hole again. I need time to heal. I thought. Katylin and I had the biggest fight, I wanted room, but at the same time I wanted what every guy had. A country girl, tall blonde soft hair, soft baby blue eyes,  red lips kissable and sweet like honey. Skin pale like snow. A body carved by angels, and a southern drawl.
I wanted all that, I can't find a girl who has that. I'm going out to the bar tonight with the boys, hoping to find her there. Country girls go to bars, praying to find her there tonight. I thought again. I got ready to go out. When my phone went off, scaring the shit out of me. "Fuckin phone." I said. It was a notification, of a girl, the way I imagined her!
Blonde.
Tall.
Red lips.
Skin pale as snow.
Soft baby blue eyes.
and she is from the south, and with a body carved by angels! This is my lucky day for me. I found the girl of my dreams, and she's not taken. Nobody swipe on her. I did. She's mine. I prayed she would become mine, after tonight. I got to my truck. This girl lived not that far from here. I picked her up, her name is Hailey Mitchellton.
I hope she's a country girl, she looks country enough to me, does she sound country is my question? I thought to myself. Either way country or not I will love this girl. Hoping she loves me back. I found her house. I turned off my truck, walked to her front doorstep. "How can I- oh hi. I must've rung your phone when I joined that dating up country mingle." She said. She does sound country! I thought. She smiled at me. "Are you Hailey Mitchellton?" I asked. "The very one in the flesh." Hailey said. "You're funny and cute." I said. She blushed. I love when girls do that. It's so cute. "Oh my god! Is that your truck?" Hailey asked. "Yea, do you wann take a ride in it to the bar, and then I can take you back to your place- I can spend a night there. and maybe ask you something once we go to your place." I said. "Of course." Hailey told me. I smiled. Once in my truck, she was shocked. "This thing, this truck is so big." Hailey said. I laughed. We got to the bar, Hailey was in the fornt seat, she looked so beautiful. Once we got to the bar, I was so happy. I finally got a girl by my side, but here's the kicker- my ex is in here. FUCK! I thought to myself. Hailey was not gonna let her get to me.
I had her now. I was so glad  I had her by side. Katilyn walked up to me. Hailey sat in fornt of me. "What I can do for you?" Hailey asked, holding my hand.  I was pissed. "Katilyn what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked. Katilyn laughed. "This is who you moved on with? You moved on from me? You can do better!" Katiyln said, laughing. Hailey squeezed my hand tighter. I squeezed hers twice as hard, gently enough, but frim. I was so glad she came with me. "Wanna go home?" I asked her. Hailey nods. "You're not safe here." Hailey pointed out. I knew she was right. I loved her, I don't wanna blow it by telling her that too early. I waited until we got to my place. Hailey stayed the night there, she wanted to live with me forever. I made that a possiblity, I stayed here while she packed her stuff into one huge ass box. Once she did that, she was living with me. I knew this was the right time to tell her that I loved her. "Hailey I got two things to tell you, come sit down darlin." I said. Hailey sat down next to me. I looked at her in the eyes.
"First thing, tell me more about you. I wanna know more about the girl I am going to call my own." I said, holding her hand.
I was so glad she was with me now in my house. I wanted her more than anything. She wanted me more than her own life. I could see that. She loved me for me.
"Well I'm a country girl."
"I love horses."
"I also used to be a country singer." Hailey said. When she said that she was a country singer, I wanted know more. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to hold her in my arms. I want her. "Hailey, the thing I wanted to ask you. I wanna make you mine." I said. "You wanna make me yours?" Hailey asked me.
"Yes."
" I want you to be my country girl." I said.
"I want you to be mine forever."
"Hailey, I -I -I. I love you." I said. Hailey looked at me. "I love you too Dusty." Hailey said. "Dusty? That's cute." I said. Hailey flushed. "You think it's cute?" She asked. "Yes." I said, touching her face. "Hailey, will you be my country girl?" I asked her. "Yes!" Hailey said, holding me in her arms.
Katylin was nowhere to be found. Thank god. Hailey was holding my hand.
"Now that you're my country girl, you get to stay here forever with me." I said. I was back on it. Back on love.
Back on loving a girl. My heart is happy again. I want her in my life. I want her to be with me. I want her to love me, and she does. I love her forever.
I was back on it.