Chapter 3: Off we go...

It was pretty late by the time when we got back to our sleeping rooms. I glanced at the clock, it read 21:34 pm.
" Hurry, close the door, and wait for my signal, once I will be done, I will let you know" I whispered so nobody but him could hear.
" Ok, but be as fast as a shot" He said.
Right after that moment I darted to where our treasures lay, and started gathering all the goods we had, although many people would not really call that treasure... I was thinking to myself about what stuff I should take with me. However, it wasn't long until I just threw everything I had into my bag without actually thinking much.
" Ready?" George asked my after I stopped making any noise.
" Yeah, but we need candles for the summoning ritual..." said I through my teeth.
" Whaaaaat???" George said with a raised voice. " What summoning ritual are you talking about??? You have never told me anything about that.."
I smiled at him, " Ohh, what's wrong, are you scared, chiiiiicken?" I really didn't mean to offend him in any way, but I knew that once I was starting to make fun of him, he was getting really competitive...
" No way! It is... It's just that.... Where are you going to get those candles from?'' he finally asked after a minute of hesitation and awkward silence.
" You don't need to ask me... You know for yourself" I said.
" There is no way I am going to Ms. Begham's classroom ever again!" he exclaimed in protest.
" You don't need to.." I said getting 3 wax candles out.
" I am not even gonna ask you about how you obtained them... lets go" he finally finished.
We headed downstairs again tiptoeing, so we would not attract anybody's attention. After we have passed our enormous stairway, we needed to go through the kitchen. If I have not told you before, luckily we did have a kitchen. We were breathing hard, and even the sweat have started dripping from our foreheads.
" Can you make less noise?" asked me George. He was obviously still pissed off. I nodded, so we could continue immediately.
"Meow!!" the echo have reflected from all the walls and the ceiling. Right at that moment, out of the darkness, we suddenly saw two red eyeballs.
" AA..." I wanted to exclaim, but George's hand have firmly closed my mouth.
" Are you out of your mind? It doesn't see us yet, quickly, get behind the stove" he replied.
I obeyed, once we were safely hidden behind the stove, I was paralyzed... The eyeballs of the unified monster were moving, they seemed to notice my red jacket.
" ARRR!! WHOS THERE??!!!" The voice like a thunder have stormed in the kitchen. Everything seemed to be incredibly fast. All the lights were turned on, and the siren started its noise.
"COOOME OUT YOU STUPID COCKROACHES!" the voice roared once more.
I slipped into the closet beside me, silent like a shadow. Through the small opening, I could see our cook hitting George hard on his back, at one point it felt like I should get out and help, on the other hand how can I help? That would just get both of us in trouble... That is why I decided that it would be wiser to stay in my hide place... After the lights were off again, I saw the beast that have scared me and George so much, and guess what? I wasn't shocked now, I clearly saw the "beast", it was an ordinary black cat, except it had red eyes, and it wore a necklace, a quite big triangular shape was attached to the rope. Nevertheless, I had to get out, it was enough adventures for today... When I finally got out, and headed to the chambers I felt rather guilty than proud of the fact that I was able to stay out of cook's sight. Now, it was hard to move in the dark, because of all those sudden switches, they were not able to adopt in time.
" GEEET AWAAAY!!!!!!" a boy's voice have sounded from distance, " NOOOOO! SHOO, NOOOOO!!!!!" The same voice have shrieked again, but with a less power than previously. My heart have dropped all the way down to my feet... I rushed to where the yell was coming from, before I made it there, I had to make at least 4 turns, and run for 3 minutes straight... I fall to my feet at only one sight of the panorama that have been exposed to my child eyes.....